Digital chop drop seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital chop drop seat

I was thinking about making a drop seat. May not going exactly like this but just wondering if something like this would work? or if I hit a good bump if I would get squashed in two?

maybe chop a chunk out behind where the seat will go and shorten the shock to lower the fender a bit.

Here's something along the same lines for you.

Comment

wow I didn't think you could cut all that out and still have a frame strong enough to hold up. Down @ the bottom of that link where it shows the 2 finished bikes. Did he change the rake as well on those or just that mod makes everything laid back like that?

Comment

He stretched the downtubes. That'll change the rake.
        Last edited by Guest; 03-05-2010, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by biker_guy View Post
          I was thinking about making a drop seat.
          Why ? R U a dwarf ?
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Why, you got a problem with dwarfs?

Comment

Some may has seen the snappy comment I replied with but my better judgment made me change it.

Why? I like being different and that about sums it up. You must also realize that is a picture, I digital altered it, and that I found that picture on the internet so I don't even own that frame. I just simply made the seat lower. after your comment I realized yes that is very low but probably if this is something I decide to do I'd make a mock up and see if I like it. Or how I would adjust the foot position to allow that low of a ride. in any case just checking to see if doing that would be dangerous as far as the frame breaking apart on me. Everything else can be worked out later.
              Last edited by Guest; 03-06-2010, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sabreman-v65 View Post
                Here's something along the same lines for you.

http://www.hondachopper.com/garage/konging/konging.html
                The 'Y' that splits off of the backbone attaches at the middle of the tubing that connects the shock mounts to the lower part of the frame. That would seem to me it would be placing an awful lot of stress on the afore mentioned tubing, I'd be worried that that place would be a candidate for bending/cracking. Would some well-placed gusseting prevent that?

Comment

Working...
                X