My fairing mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fairing mod

Poor pic sorry, but I wanted to show the folks an EMGO fairing I'm modifying with fairing mount mirrors and brace I fabbed up. I'm going to paint the bike like a '79 GS1000S, so it will end up looking like a "baby cooley" of sorts. What do you think?

The side view looks good. A front pic would be helpful too.

Comment

From what I can see, it looks pretty solid--should help to stabilize it--I like the idea of a "baby cooley" paint scheme

Comment

From what I can see, it looks good. Do you have any other pictures?

Comment

Thanks

Sorry, I took it back down and primered the fairing for paint. I'll post more pictures soon as I can. Here are some of the brackets I made though, before grinding and paint (black)

Originally posted by Maddog209 View Post
          From what I can see, it looks good. Do you have any other pictures?

Comment

You need to incorporate some rubber into your mounts. Otherwise you will experience some cracking as the bike flexes. Rubber gromets or washers should do the trick.

Comment

Yes actually I am

Thanks for the comment, yes, I've purchased some propolene-type fender washers and some rubber for both sides of each mounting point. Plus the braces mount at the instrument acorn nut on the rubber there. The mirrors mounting points also serve as the fairing mounting point to the braces I made, this ties everything together, and the mirror comes with a rubber insert as well.

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
              You need to incorporate some rubber into your mounts. Otherwise you will experience some cracking as the bike flexes. Rubber gromets or washers should do the trick.

Comment

How is the quality of the fairing?..contemplating one myself...looks good so far,I'll keep an eye on this thread..Thanks.

John

Comment

Working...
                X