Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody rattled can painted flakes......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody rattled can painted flakes......

I was just wondering if anyone had painted their bike with rattle can using flake or glitter. I have seen plenty of flat black and my bobber is gonna be off the charts being its a gs 1000 solo seat ape hangered bobber. Im doing a oldschool superflake job on it. Just curious. I can hold a steady finger let me tell ya...........Knucklebuster forum has some but they dont tell how they did it......

Clear it with Engine Clear Paint. Otherwise the first drop of gas hits it and it's ruined.
    1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
    1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

painting tips

Im gonna remember that. I just need to find some heavy gold flake in a spray can so I can go to town....Thanks

Comment

Engine clear won't hold up either. Google Spraymax. It's a 2 part catalized enamel in rattle-can.

Comment

I have to disagree on that. I painted engine covers and poured gas all over, held up fine. I allowed a 2 week cure and that was it. I have pics around here somewhere. Engine clear isn't great paint from a application standpoint so it won't look professional.

You could take the parts to a friendly body shop and ask them to spray them next time they have a load of clear in the booth.
          1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
          1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

i believe (alsa (killer cans) has a clear in the spray can for bikes, i have used mettallic silver ,it looked great and it resisted fuel, i used it on rims,but i would go wwith a clear designed for it

Comment

Working...
            X