78 GS550E with accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78 GS550E with accessories

I just added Napolean bar end mirrors, Triumph fork gaiters and an EMGO fairing to my 1978 GS550E. I plan on adding spoke wheels powder-coated black with polished spokes and a thin red pinstrip on the edge of the rim. I would also like to find a decent 4-1 header system and have it ceramic coated black inside and out. Anyway, just thought you would like to see the progress. I will start by showing my bike stock and then with the accessories.........

Stock..

with Napolean mirrors added...

with EMGO fairing and fork gaiters added..

Not much interest in this post, are 550's considered the "red-headed step child" of the GS family?

Comment

Sharp lookin bike..like the fork boots!
      I'll have to ask you in a few weeks how you like the Fairing..been thinkin about one for my 750.

DDM

Comment

Nice

Looks very good, I want put something like this on my GS650E (mirror and shield), keep posted for your impression on roads. I also watn to know how much did you pay for the fairing.

Thanks for showing,

André

Comment

Sweet!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by André View Post
            Looks very good, I want put something like this on my GS650E (mirror and shield), keep posted for your impression on roads. I also watn to know how much did you pay for the fairing.

Thanks for showing,

André
            I found the fairing used on eBay and paid $43.00 plus shipping. If you search eBay for "EMGO fairing" you'll find new fairings selling for $59.99-$69.00 plus shipping.

Comment

Nice job, I like the mods.

Comment

Nice bike. I like the tidiness of the garage..
                where did you get the fork boots?

Comment

Very neat looking 550. Nice job. I own a '79 GS550 and it is a bit of the red-headed cousin of other GSs .. but then I also own AMC Javelins so I'm used to be on the outer

Wish I could find a set of wires for it ..
                  Last edited by Guest; 04-08-2010, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dumptruck View Post
                    Nice bike. I like the tidiness of the garage..
                    where did you get the fork boots?
                    Thank you! I ordered the fork boots from the local Triumph dealer.

Originally posted by OzJavelin View Post
                    Very neat looking 550. Nice job. I own a '79 GS550 and it is a bit of the red-headed cousin of other GSs .. but then I also own AMC Javelins so I'm used to be on the outer

Wish I could find a set of wires for it ..
                    Thanks! You have a nice 550 as well. Since the pictures of mine were taken, I had the seat re-shaped and covered last week. I will post a new picture soon.

Comment

She is a nice bike. I wanted a 550 but found a 650 first. I'm happy with what I have.

cg
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Working...
                      X