No announcement yet.

Flat Rat Paint Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat / Satin black is fine. Love the look of a "good" rat project. The problem I'm seeing is that it looks like a Rattler, meaning it has the lines of a bone stock L (L stands for Lovely, Lasting Lines ) with all the stock parts and pegs, and tank, and a bad rattle can job, OVER EVERYTHING! Is the speedo and tach sprayed black as well? Why the pipes. Chrome would have looked much better IMHO.

How about the rear grab bar than now looks like...Sorta seems like a kid in grade school got ahold of some paint from the friends dads garage and douched his bike, tires and all.

Not a bik fan of the rats that have bones and bits/pieces of who knows what hanging off of them but thats just me.

Firts thing I want to do when I see a bike painted like that is to grab a rag and some thinner and see IF I can get the overspray off of EVERYTHING.

Comment

My .02.

Theres nothing wrong with a rat bike. Just understand that a well done rat bike was done by someone who took stuff apart, carefully painted it and reassembled it. Its a style of bike.

You spent a half hour doing this mess..

Its not a rat bike, its an amateur attempt at a rat bike, and a poor one at that.

Comment

Does it run good?
        Okay, that's all that matters.
        Because that's what is going to get you home every day.

I kind of like it, partially because im a sucker for anything painted Black.

Yeah, it's a cheap job.....but you didn't try to hide it!

Im TIRED of seeing shiny bright paint jobs that shout "attention whore" or "look at me with me with my $1000 paint job!"

Who gives a ****!?

NOBODY says your bike has too look a certain way, or be shiny.
        That's why it's YOUR BIKE! You can do what you want with it.

I was never a fan of the cheap spray-paint faded black look.....
        I would rather see a slightly Grey fade or primer grey look to it.

You should buy some expensive spray cans, and put a decent looking black coat on there.

------

Don't get me wrong, I plan on putting a little money into my paint job coming up soon, but I was really thinking about doing a spray-can job, just so I can change colors or designs whenever I want....I'm an artist and I can do some pretty tricky stuff with expensive spray cans.

When I sold my mustang, the buyer was being a nit-picky *******, complaining about seriously stupid and small stuff.
        Well he stared at the front of the car only 100 times and NEVER noticed that the front bumper was re-painted......and I did it with spray paint and a couple clear coats.....he never noticed! Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by 1_v8_merc View Post
          Does it run good?
          Okay, that's all that matters.
          Because that's what is going to get you home every day.

I kind of like it, partially because im a sucker for anything painted Black.

Yeah, it's a cheap job.....but you didn't try to hide it!

Im TIRED of seeing shiny bright paint jobs that shout "attention whore" or "look at me with me with my $1000 paint job!"

Who gives a ****!?

NOBODY says your bike has too look a certain way, or be shiny.
          That's why it's YOUR BIKE! You can do what you want with it.

I was never a fan of the cheap spray-paint faded black look.....
          I would rather see a slightly Grey fade or primer grey look to it.

You should buy some expensive spray cans, and put a decent looking black coat on there.

------

Don't get me wrong, I plan on putting a little money into my paint job coming up soon, but I was really thinking about doing a spray-can job, just so I can change colors or designs whenever I want....I'm an artist and I can do some pretty tricky stuff with expensive spray cans.

When I sold my mustang, the buyer was being a nit-picky *******, complaining about seriously stupid and small stuff.
          Well he stared at the front of the car only 100 times and NEVER noticed that the front bumper was re-painted......and I did it with spray paint and a couple clear coats.....he never noticed! Haha.
          looking forward to seeing YOUR rattle can paint job
          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Nothing wrong with rat bikes or rattle cans. Just no fur. Have a little respect for the bike. Would it embarass u?

Comment

Originally posted by dcil View Post
              nothing wrong with rat bikes or rattle cans. Just no fur. Have a little respect for the bike. Would it embarass u?
              definately
              1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Mine embarasses me every morning when it pukes blue smoke down the street warming up, maybe I will threaten it with a leopard print seat cover...

Comment

Originally posted by donimo View Post
                  Mine embarasses me every morning when it pukes blue smoke down the street warming up, maybe I will threaten it with a leopard print seat cover...
                  Hey there,
                  Let's leave the leopard print out of this, it can look good on the right bike.

Comment

I think the flat paint is cool. Mine is flat black. And to add flair I painted the engine gloss black and red. And I plan to paint the wheels red.

Comment

Ditto on that…

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                      If you don't want to read opinions, don't ask for them.
                      That bike looks like crap.
                      That's just tellin' it like it is…
                      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

"Go ahead,tell me what ya thnk. I'm asking for it" Well me i actually LIKE flat black on some things. I think i wouldnt have sprayed the engine though.. You can easily remove the rattle can from the engine by getting a spray bottle full of brake fluid and spraying it down and power washing it after about 10 minutes or so..repeat till shes cleaned off.. AND if you ask for an opinion around here your gonna get the unsweetened, cut throat, no bull crap truth..so you asked for it, so you will get it.
                        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                        X