gs1100e restomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs1100e restomod

the old gs just got her 4-2-1 pipe and new jardine can. I have put about 700km on her since it was completed and it has been great so far.Recently added options are the bar end mirrors and oxford bar ends.found the pipe at a local wrecker and have no idea what it is but we got it to fit with a big rosebud torch and some patience had to fab up a midpipe and i took apart the can and removed the 1 1/2" pipe inside as it sounded stock not cool at all, sounds great now.The pirelli dragon supercorsas should last about a month at the rate they are wearing but they hook like crazy.waiting on some new side cover stickers and i am thinking about on some pinstriping to finish it off.

Now that is a nice lookin' 1100E....

Where-o-where did you find the windshield...it looks like it fits the big light perfect....
    Last edited by Baatfam; 04-11-2010, 10:17 AM.
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Yeah, what Baatfam said! What's going on in the suspension department? What sorta engine goodies do you have lurking around in there?

Comment

The windscreen is an f-16 that i picked up from the motorvan catalouge it fits really well even though it is designed for a 7" bulb as far as the motor goes it was built by the previous owner so i am not exactly sure but i can tell you it has run 10.68 with my old suspension setup it is strong and will accelerate with my busa till about a 100mph.the busa still rules above that but is nowhere near as much fun to ride. gotta sign off i am just heading to the motorcycle show in T.O

Comment

I like the look, how is clearance on the header with that shorter front end? Do you have a pic off the rear stand?

Comment

Can we see how the clocks are mounted? risers?

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
              i just measured and i have a solid 6" to the lowest part of the exhaust and as for the gauges the bike has a vapour dash

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                here is a pic off the stand

Comment

Working...
                X