Removing the helmet lock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing the helmet lock?

I need/want to remove the helmet lock that is on my bike.....but it appears that the bolts are on the backside and in further investigation....it doesn't appear that they have a head on them that a wrench with fit. I can't see them, but in feeling them they feel completely round and possibly knurled on the outside face....I don't have a clue as to how to remove these.....has anyone taken theirs off and if so...how did you do it? My bike is a 1981 GS450LX.....

Sure hope someone can enlighten me cause it needs to go so my hi-back 70's early 80's sissybar will fit.....I just love those old style sissybars and this one will really help me to get the look that I am going for....

Thanx...Anita

Funny you should mention it. I tool mine off my old frame today without unlocking it. Could have unlocked it, Just got lazy and inserted hex key at angle.

Comment

Figured out tonight that the bolts were Allen Heads.....so once I found an allen wrench that fit it, they came right out...so dilemma is solved and thanx for the help....you guys are great!

Anita

Comment

Working...
      X