Tired of my "rat bike" look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tired of my "rat bike" look

So I spent the day stripping the tank tailpiece and fender..what a PITA!
    Tired of the "ratbike" look I have with the bad paintjob and tank in bedliner..that stuff sucks to get off by the way...theirs a gal that works in the bodyshop where I work at the truck dealership that does painting on the side so hopefully mon or tues I will be dropping off the parts for a "Proper" paintjob..I have yet to decide for sure but I am still thinking a nice gloss black...clean basic look..dont want to take away from the other details of the bike with a fancy paintjob..anyone have any suggestions?

DDM

There's nothing like a classic black paint job.

What details are you trying to not detract from?

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Classic black is cool. Classic black with red accents or pinstriping is Hot Rod Chic.
      Of course, if you're not a fan of red...

Comment

Yeah I really think gonna do the classic black..my emblems I did up are in red accent with black background and would work perfect with a nice tank...I did alot of detail work on the bike and the motor and mechanicals especially..I know alot of bikes have fancy paint that attracts attention and you really dont notice the engine and mechanicals..I want mine to be the opposite..something that will accent my detail work not overshadow it..if that makes any sense..lol...actually took my gauges apart tonite after cleaning the shop..the glass was dirty on the inside so I got those all cleaned up..painted the needle tips in red and got everything lubed up..my tach and speedo were both kinda jumpy and slow now they are smooth as silk..I have a few other little details I wanna do so this will give me the chance to do them while the body parts are being painted..I just hate the waiting..lol

DDM

Comment

Bless you Detroit for recognizing that a restained hand on the paint sometimes looks better than all the crazy colors/graphics some folks today consider 'the ****'.
          It sounds like your on your way to a verry nice looking bike, can't wait for pics

Comment

Working...
          X