Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ehhh I guess this is appearance related... Need some help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ehhh I guess this is appearance related... Need some help!

Looking for someone that can alter a side stand for me.
    On my 83 GS1100ES I am running longer than stock shocks (about an inche and a smidge longer) and because the back end is up a bit higher, the bike leans pretty hard on the side stand. Im wondering if anyone can assist me by either adding some to the stock stand, (a spare stand anyway) or heating and taking some of the curve out of it to make the bike stand a bit more upright... Any help would be great, thanks!

if u got a extra kick stand or solid piece of steal ill do it for ya just send me the parts im in erie pa and how much ya want added could have it back to ya asap like a day or 2 let me know and if ur interested pm me

Comment

Originally posted by crazypaint View Post
      if u got a extra kick stand or solid piece of steal ill do it for ya just send me the parts im in erie pa and how much ya want added could have it back to ya asap like a day or 2 let me know and if ur interested pm me
      Well, I was just told that these are actually cast Iron, which I didnt know, and frankly had never cared to look in to untill now..lol So i dunno if you can weld that eh? May have to make one out of bar stock or something?

Comment

Just carry a hockey puck with you.....
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
          Thats not a bad idea really. Now, where the hell can I find a hockey puck lol

Comment

Certainly NOT in Ohio

Comment

Go to a dayton bombers game. They dont know what do do with the puck any way lol
              I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
              http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/...Picture003.jpg 1982 GS850G

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/...n1/Picture.jpg 1980 GS1100L

Comment

GREAT idea! It will also prevent the bike from falling over on hot asphalt due to the stand sinking in! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                  Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                  We don' need no steenkin' hockey pucks.

Talk to BassCliff.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I don't have a leaning problem, but in the summer I carry a peice of plywood with me so when it's hot the bike doesn't develop a leaning problem.
                    Maybe a peice of 1 or 2 by would work. Your local Home Depot or equivelent may let you have a peice of scrap for nothing.

Comment

I did the opposite once. I reduced the stand for a lowered bike. From my experience with a STICK welder, this is steel and should weld fine. My experience was on a 1979 GS1000LN
                      Yamaha fz1 2007

Comment

Cast iron can be welded, but I think you need another piece of cast iron to weld too. If you can find a suitable piece it might be worthwhile to have a 1/2" foot welded to the bottom of a stock side stand. Not as elegant as using a hard drive or hockey puck but functional.
                        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by crazypaint View Post
                          I admire your willingness to help. Good on ya! But I have to say, it's very hard reading what you typed. Capitol letters and periods have a purpose. just sayin'...
                          Current Bikes:
                          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                            I have several kicking around here that I no longer have any use for.

One more thing to add to "the list".....
                            sigpic

SUZUKI:
                            1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
                            HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
                            KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
                            YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                              Capitol letters and periods have a purpose. just sayin'...
                              Bah...Capitol letters should be addressed to Washington DC...and periods are for pussies.*

Now then....if one wanted to get really fancy, here's an official NHL puck, designed for just this purpose.....simply flip it over, if the lean is still too sharp due to the cutout.
                              '82 GS1100E

Comment

Working...
                              X