Reconditioning Plastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simon kuether View Post
    Black boot polish (thanks again Matchless) .

Cheers , Simon .
    Actually its the liquid type not the "wax" type, the applicators with the little sponge on the front. It does not give off and lasts for years. I have just done a set of gauges on a friends BMW R100 and he could not believe it! One layer may be enough, maybe two.

Simon, you have good recall!

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
      +1 did my top clamp cover that way..

Damn, Joe I have seen a half a dozen of those 700/750ES's and I have NEVER seen one with that top clamp cover... thats got to be a rarity there. Or maybe I just wasnt paying attention Anyways.. I have a replacement glass for your cluster if you need.. It looks like there is a crack in the corner maybe? Or is that the light?

Comment

Originally posted by Matchless View Post
        Actually its the liquid type not the "wax" type, the applicators with the little sponge on the front. It does not give off and lasts for years. I have just done a set of gauges on a friends BMW R100 and he could not believe it! One layer may be enough, maybe two.

Simon, you have good recall!
        I've used the black shoe polish with the sponge applicator to recondition faded seats too. Slather it on very abundantly, let dry, then buff till no more polish comes off on the wrag. Comes out really really good in my opinion. And NO, it doens't come off on your pants.
        Current Bikes:
        2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Working...
        X