New Paint!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Paint!!

Finally got the bike painted to how I like it...basic Black...but a clean look..Comments welcome!

Very clean look, a real bike is black in my book. I like those touch of red it gives just enough accent to it. Nice job, congrats.

Comment

Very nice job, well done.

Comment

Hi,

I like the front fender trimmed too. Good solution for the missing side covers. Nice work.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Looks awesome. Great job and you can tell you have spent a bunch of time on it. Enjoy.
          David
          1998 Suzuki Bandit
          1978 GS750 gone but not forgotten
          1978 GS1000 - gone
          1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

I don't think the orange accents complement the gloss black. IMO the emblems in gold on a black background would look better. This comment of course comes from someone who though blue & silver would look good
            Steve

1979 GS1000E (45 Yrs), 1981 GPz550 (11 Yrs)

Comment

Originally posted by srsupertrap View Post
              I don't think the orange accents complement the gloss black. IMO the emblems in gold on a black background would look better. This comment of course comes from someone who though blue & silver would look good
              WTF is wrong with the blue and silver?? Your paint is NICE 'Trapp...

BTW, DDM, what can/pipe is that on your 77? I kinda like it, wonder if they're available?? And also, I have a decent set of spare OEM sidecovers for that bike if you'd like some...Not that your replacements look bad, I actually dig em, but in case ya wanted some..

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                WTF is wrong with the blue and silver?? Your paint is NICE 'Trapp...

BTW, DDM, what can/pipe is that on your 77? I kinda like it, wonder if they're available?? And also, I have a decent set of spare OEM sidecovers for that bike if you'd like some...Not that your replacements look bad, I actually dig em, but in case ya wanted some..
                Thanks for the replies...I actually have a set of sidecovers...they just look so big and bulky and my goal was to lighten the look of the bike..but thanks anyway!..The pipe I bought from a member here on the forumn..its a Jardine Pipe with an oval canister...the sound is incredible..he told me it was a "period correct" pipe..from the research Ive done its mid 80"s..Ive only seen one other bike with that pipe and it was on the net..I always get asked about it..lol

DDM

Comment

black bikes are cool...

Basic black is always a good pick for a motorcycle.

for example:

Your bike looks great!

Comment

Looks good, but I think the flat looked better.
                    sigpic

82 GS850
                    78 GS1000
                    04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                    .................________-|___\____
                    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

i like

Kev

Comment

mr. dieselman, I am thinking of something similar for my side covers, Did you weld new brackets that the bolts go thru or are those the original tabs and you just drilled thru. Lastly but not leastly, I dig black with accents, Looks really nice. Thanks for your time. Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by gser425 View Post
                          mr. dieselman, I am thinking of something similar for my side covers, Did you weld new brackets that the bolts go thru or are those the original tabs and you just drilled thru. Lastly but not leastly, I dig black with accents, Looks really nice. Thanks for your time. Stuart
                          I used the original tabs..just bent them flat and drilled for the capscrews..the top ones have small aluminum spacers to bring the cover out a little bit more...contemplating making new ones from diamondplate to match the engine...or maybe modify the stockers and have them painted black..its always a work in progress and changes are always happening...I wanted to lighten up the look of the bike..the oem covers look huge and bulky and i wanted to get away from that...

DDM

Comment

Thanks for answering. since no welding was needed that almost seems doable. After altering my seat the side covers seem to stick and break up the flow of the bike not to mention my legs hit them when my feet are on the ground. Thanks again, Stuart.

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit Diesel Man View Post
                              Finally got the bike painted to how I like it...basic Black...but a clean look..Comments welcome!

I really like it-any bike that resembles the clean look of a late 60s-early 70s Triumph is spot-on in my book.....Nice work.
                              As a matter of fact it just became my new desktop photo....

I would change only one thing-I would remove the taller mirrors and add a nice set of bar-end mirrors.....
                              Last edited by Guest; 05-13-2010, 03:13 PM. Reason: Additional thought

Comment

Working...
                              X