Source for decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source for decals

I'm wanting to get a set of gs1100e decals made in silver with a black outline to go on a blue bike. Anyone know of someone that could do this? I'm tempted to call reproduction decals and see if they'll make a set but I wanted to ask here first.

Originally posted by eric_banks32 View Post
    I'm wanting to get a set of gs1100e decals made in silver with a black outline to go on a blue bike. Anyone know of someone that could do this? I'm tempted to call reproduction decals and see if they'll make a set but I wanted to ask here first.

ask them for what you want, they have been very helpful

Comment

I emailed them and unfortunantly they said they couldn't do a color change because the sets are printed 4-5 at a time. Any other sources?

Comment

You may have to pay a set up fee, but sometimes a local print and graphic shop can be a very good at reproducing decals.
        Last edited by Guest; 05-10-2010, 09:48 AM.

Comment

I emailed them and unfortunantly they said they couldn't do a color change because the sets are printed 4-5 at a time. Any other sources?

I had called them also for the graphics for the 700E.

From what I recall they told me they didn't have the decals for the 700E version, and no recollection of dealing with anyone in the past on this model. They will not do custom graphics, and didn't even ask for parts to help them duplicate the graphics on this model.

Maybe I talked to a 'ditz receptionist' reading a cue card, but in opinion who ever I spoke with was not very helpful, and I have now become a disappointed potential customer. I'll never recommend them again. They can stick their decals.

I'll just shoot the paint, and go with the Suzuki lettering OE decals in black.

E

Comment

Originally posted by tejasmud View Post

I had called them also for the graphics for the 700E.

From what I recall they told me they didn't have the decals for the 700E version, and no recollection of dealing with anyone in the past on this model. They will not do custom graphics, and didn't even ask for parts to help them duplicate the graphics on this model.

Maybe I talked to a 'ditz receptionist' reading a cue card, but in opinion who ever I spoke with was not very helpful, and I have now become a disappointed potential customer. I'll never recommend them again. They can stick their decals.

I'll just shoot the paint, and go with the Suzuki lettering OE decals in black.

E
            They have the 85 700es in blue for sure, I sent them my parts

Comment

I have a local guy here that does all my stuff for next to nothin!

His name is Curtis Blanton. He is in Middletown, OH
              (937) 514-1250

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
                They have the 85 700es in blue for sure, I sent them my parts
                I remember you sending yours off, and they do have the 'ES' in blue and red on the site. I thought Billy had worked with them also on the 'E' version, but they claimed to have no record.

I suppose I could just use the ES in red. It will not have the GS700 in in the side panel. The bike is not completely going back as stock anyways, but it would be nice to have the graphics as original as possible.

I have been searching around and here is a place in the UK that may work on the color on your 1100E. They say call them. Looks as if they could do a multiple of colors.

E

Comment

Originally posted by tejasmud View Post
                  I remember you sending yours off, and they do have the 'ES' in blue and red on the site. I thought Billy had worked with them also on the 'E' version, but they claimed to have no record.

I suppose I could just use the ES in red. It will not have the GS700 in in the side panel. The bike is not completely going back as stock anyways, but it would be nice to have the graphics as original as possible.

I have been searching around and here is a place in the UK that may work on the color on your 1100E. They say call them. Looks as if they could do a multiple of colors.

E
                  Eric,

If you send them your panels they will do them for free plus shipping, turn around is about a week.

Comment

I'll try them again Joe.

I just read this on the Reproduction Decals site under "Important Notice" so the link I posted may or may not be a good source unless someone has done buisiness with them.

E
                    Last edited by Guest; 05-10-2010, 02:09 PM. Reason: Add in

Comment

I may just buy a set from reproduction decals and take them to somebody local and have another set made in the colors I want. Sucks to buy two sets but atleast I would get the colors I want and they should be spot on. I could always post the ones I don't use up for sale here. Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

I may just buy a set from reproduction decals and take them to somebody local and have another set made in the colors I want. Sucks to buy two sets but atleast I would get the colors I want and they should be spot on. I could always post the ones I don't use up for sale here. Thanks for the input guys.
                        Posting them up sounds like a good idea, and might be the best way to go if your looking for specific colors. Reproduction seems pretty strict on keeping things as close to original colors, sizes, and placement as possible on their decal sets. I suppose thats all in good intentions for the restoration crowd. It would be nice if they would offer color options. Just seems like turning away business too me, but suppose they have their reasons.

To conclude my dealings with Reproduction Decals in this thread, I did send them an e-mail.

I will send them one of my side panels so they can locate the badge on the 700E version, but I also purchased another side panel so I can get the paint done.

Hopefully they will offer the 700E version after this on their site. I know Billy had worked with them in the past from his thread here.

All is well.

Be sure to post up some pics when you get your bike done.

E

Comment

I called Fastsigns about a Honda that I once had. They can do it but they needed a pic of it first so they could get the colors and whatnot, but they also wanted to see the bike so they could spec it out. There is a setup fee and a production fee and that all varies. It all depends on how badly you want it I guess.

Comment

I have my own sign shop with a thermal vinyl printer and cutter, and I can tell you that it is a fair bit of work to reproduce old decals. I have done quite a few (I still sell Honda Goldwing sidecover decals on eBay) but the setting up of the computer file takes a lot of time and tweaking if you want to do a good job. I restored a GT750 and ended up buying the warning label decal set from Reproduction because it would have been too much work to make it myself, even though the material and machines were free! Their stuff was good and the price was right for what I received - saved me hours of work. Some of their stuff might seem pricey but their workmanship is good so its worth it.

Comment

Working...
                            X