LED signals/indicators question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED signals/indicators question

I want to put indicator lights, navigation lights, whatever on my 1981 GS 450 L. By that I mean the turn signals that stay on half way when the lights are on so 3 wire signals. Also if I put LED signals on my bike will I have to get an automotive flasher that doesn't care about the load? Would this create too much draw from the battery with the lights on? Would I be better off using turn signals with bulbs? Also for the 3rd wire I plan to branch it off of the low beam wires to the headlight and tail light.
    Last edited by Guest; 05-29-2010, 12:26 AM.

sigh you might wanna move this to the electrical section.

Comment

naturally LED's are going to put less load on the system. You will need a new flasher or load equalizer or the signals wont flash.

Why not run the running light part of it off of the tail light, to keep from adding any extra to the head light. Of course use a relay and its all good.
      ---Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky View Post
        Why not run the running light part of it off of the tail light, to keep from adding any extra to the head light.
        Only problem with that theory is that the headlight and tail light are on the same circuit.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I put leds on my '81 450T. I ordered the flasher relay from Electrosport. However, I had to make two jumper wires because I didn't want to destroy the factory connector. I haven't had any problems with any of the lighting.

Comment

Working...
          X