Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need a luggage Rack but don't know what kind!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a luggage Rack but don't know what kind!

I have an 81 GS850G. I had a KG rack and sissy bar on there but it wasn't the right one for the bike to begin with. It was too long (about 4-5" beyond the seat) and a little bit too wide, but it worked.

I installed some Vetter hardbags but now the rack no longer fits at all. The arms that run from the rack to the shock bolts are too wide and the bags won't fit with the rack on there.

Does anyone know where I can find a rack that will fit with the bags on? Do I need a specific kind? I'd prefer to keep it old skool (hence the KG rack) since everyting on the bike is old skool (Vetter Mark IV fairing w/lowers too), but new skool will work too.

Does anyone have a KG or similar rack that'll fit that they're willing to sell?

Does/did Vetter make a rack for this system?

Any info, tips or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jim

The Vetter frame work has provisions for a small chrome rack to be bolted or for the top box to be bolted... If you want the back rest ? you need the top box...

Comment

Ok, that's where I have the sissybar mounted right now - on that little bracket. Will any universal rack work then?

Comment

pic of current rack?

Have this puppy in my livign room I have been trying to get ride of...does your G have a flat plastic or chrome tail.

if your interested please feel free to make an offer on it I want it out of my living room.

Comment

It's got the plastic box. Does this mount to the bike frame or the Vetter saddlebag frame?

Comment

If won't work for Buster-Boy and it might fit a 450, I might take it out of you living room for you. terrylee

Comment

Working...
            X