Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Even a 300 deserves a good life.

If it is still in decent shape, please find another victim to hack up.

Yeah, a bunch of us are more into keeping them looking somewhat stock, but will make allowances if you start with a bike that really has no chance of ever looking good as a stock bike. Barn finds are good candidates.

If you still insist on "bobbing" it, please continue to do some research to see what it really needs to do a proper job. I know you started by asking this question, but do a search for "bobber", you will see a bunch of examples. Some of them are really done well, but we do have an on-going thread about "Craigslist funnies" which is primarily poking a bit of fun at bobbers and choppers, especially the people that have hacked up what was probably a decent bike, then put it up for sale, hoping to get 3-4 times what the stock bike would have been worth.

You mean like this one Steve ??

Larry D
    1980 GS450S
    1981 GS450S
    2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck View Post
      Its just the old Fogeys that pipe up first when you mention bobbing out a GS..Yep I said Fogey .
      Old?? Fogey??

Hey, I resemble those remarks.

Originally posted by Macguyver View Post
      Well Steve, if you don't fish, do you drink?

Big Bobber Floating Cooler
      It even has a lanyard loop so you can tie it on behind your canoe/raft/dinghy so you can float your beverages of choice down the river with you.
      Yes, I drink, as long as it's non-alcoholic. The selection in that cooler will work just fine.
      And, if you don't mind, I would prefer to NOT tie that on to my dinghy.

Originally posted by saltcitytattoo View Post
      this is how you bob a gs
      Yes, it is. That is one of the few that is actually done very nicely.

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
      There is nothing wrong with a bobber. As long as isn't a half baked "hacksaw and rattle can" job. Do it right and you can make a sweet looking machine. Like the one with the sweet suspension and wheels in the post below.
      Below?
      You mean the one above?

How can you see what is posted after yours?

Originally posted by Larry D View Post

Yep, that's one of them.

He should have taken lessons from SaltCityTattoo.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

They all look silly without Bozo sitting on them.
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Below?
          You mean the one above?

How can you see what is posted after yours?
          His was post 14. I was post 15. I have it so that the most recent post is above. the answers before question so to speak lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
            His was post 14. I was post 15. I have it so that the most recent post is above. the answers before question so to speak lol
            Can't speak for the others on the board, but I find it much more natural with the original post at the top and all the responses below that.

Maybe this is because I was educated in a country that teaches reading from top to bottom.

Maybe this is because I was educated in a country that teaches reading.

Maybe this is because I was educated.

sigpic
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

Can't speak for the others on the board, but I find it much more natural with the original post at the top and all the responses below that.

Maybe this is because I was educated in a country that teaches reading from top to bottom.

Maybe this is because you are an AR engineer.

I can say that because I am one. However, I have learned to be flexible and just because something is different from the way I would do it, does not make it wrong or even stupid. It is just different.
              That is also why I poke fun at bobbers and HDs, but I accept that others find them to their liking. To each his own, just don't try to force your way of thinking on me, and we will get along.

Peace.

Comment

Sorry, not an engineer of any kind, I just fix what they design poorly.

sigpic
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride

Comment

As I'm still in college, I cannot yet make the claim to be educated. In the process of being educated perhaps.

As far as the reading upside down part, it does not bother me having to scroll up instead of down (but then again, like most architecture students, the easy / logical / conventional way just isn't as much fun )

However to avoid this confusion in future posts I'll just quote his picture. This way everyone is happy

Comment

Working...
                  X