Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Seat built to spec by New Image

Hi all:

Sent off my spare pan, the old foam and some ideas to Lee in York, PA. He runs New Image Seats.

So what do you think of his work?

The bakrest is being fabricated by a local lady. I hope to have that this week.

Looks compfy, not sure that I have ever seen a fully dressed out ES for touring. Very nice.

Comment

Wow, that looks great it even looks comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
        Looks compfy, not sure that I have ever seen a fully dressed out ES for touring. Very nice.
        Did you miss the winner of "Bike of the Month" for July, 2005?

Mr. GSScott.

OK, so it doesn't have a trunk, but I think I saw that he was working on one that could be easily put on for trips and removed for daily use.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Wow. I was ok with side bags, but the trunk? I dunno. I cant deal with it, but, its not MY ES. To me the ES was meant for one thing. Hauling ass through corners. Yes, ive used it for sport touring, with soft bags, what have you. Its not comfortable for two up touring. Its not even all that tremendously comfortable period. But the one thing its DAMN good at is cranking through twistys with little effort. What you have there looks to me like a GS1100ESGK. I suppose if it works for you, then thats all that matters, but that would be the LAST thing I would mod "MY" 1100ES with. Thats just my worthless opinion

As far as the seat goes, looks like damn fine work. What did it run you? My Corbin seat is needing refurbished, been wondering if I should bother with it, or take one of my spare seats and have some custom work done myself..

Comment

Lee at New Image normally charges around $250, working with a complete seat (meaning using your foam). In my case, he had to add and sculpt a bunch of foam in order to get the shape I was looking for. All up, shipped to Canada, he charged me $300, and the results speak for themselves.

Yes, I do understand your sentiments on turning an ES into a touring model, but it still does the corners really well, and it seems to confuse the boys in the squad cars, somehow.

Comment

Do you have enough room to move back n forth on the seat? It looks like the seat positions you in one spot.
              Steve

1979 GS1000E (45 Yrs), 1981 GPz550 (11 Yrs)

Comment

Originally posted by srsupertrap View Post
                Do you have enough room to move back n forth on the seat? It looks like the seat positions you in one spot.
                Some like them that way, sportbike style.
                It's Ok for a short ride, I guess.
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

If by back and forth you mean fron to back, then no, it pretty much sets you in one spot (which is what I like). Side to side for cornering is fine.

Comment

Looks great. Doesn't matter what others think you should do with the bike. Make it your own.
                    Current Bikes:
                    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Working...
                    X