Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bars....and not the ones you drink in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started with the stock bars on my 1100EZ, installed the Super Bike bars but flipped which to me was comfortable and have since installed the Clubman bars which are real nice, the Clubman bars are a really good alternative to the clip-ons.
    http://www.visitedstatesmap.com/imag...TXUTWAWIsm.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Anyone got a pic of clubmans or drag bars on a stardard enough 750?

Comment

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
        I started with the stock bars on my 1100EZ, installed the Super Bike bars but flipped which to me was comfortable and have since installed the Clubman bars which are real nice, the Clubman bars are a really good alternative to the clip-ons.

Any chance you can post of a photo of this... toying with the same idea!!

Comment

I cant say that adding Daytonas bettered my handling per say but it did make my ride more comfortable. The buck-horns on my 650 straight sucked. And of course adding a bit of weight in the ends helped with the vibration so...

Comment

Originally posted by maro View Post
            Any chance you can post of a photo of this... toying with the same idea!!

As I said in my PM, when I get home at the end of the month I can take more specific pictures but in the interim here's some pictures that'll give you an idea.

Of course this first one is with the original bars.

This shot shows the "superbike bars" installed flipped

In this picture note the location of the turn signals in relation to the flipped "superbike bars." In order to install the Clubman bars the turn signals need to be moved.

As you can see the turn signals were relocated and mounted to a new bracket that attaches to the lower fairing mounts.

This is the best picture I have on my computer right now that shows the Clubman bars installed without the fairing.

This picture tells the story of why I had to move the turn signals, notice the clutch lever in relation to the fairing, this is exactly where the turn signals were originally mounted.

I love the end product using the Clubman bars. Whether you use the Clubman bars or clip-ons the pit falls are the same, the signals become an obstacle but it's just an opportunity to personalize your bike.
            http://www.visitedstatesmap.com/imag...TXUTWAWIsm.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Working...
            X