No announcement yet.

Tank Repaintin Troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guys i used 100 grit with a hand held sander for about 4 hours with using a knife at first to get the big parts off... i went a little to deep into the prev. owners bondo and some dents are showing a bit... i primed, painted then clearcoated and i think used the wrong clearcoat 100% because gasoline literally drips the paint off + my cear coat did not come out right i think because of my extreme humidity conditions... can anyone give me the correct clear coat i am supposed to use?
    John 3:16

Comment

If the clear is in a can, it is the wrong one for the tank, for the most part. It is most likely a 1k clear or something like it.

For the tank use a good clear, like Nason 496 (low end in cost but still good) which is a fast drying clear that is inexpensive, easy to shoot and fairly forgiving.

If you don't have a gun, Alsa corp has a 2k clear in a can but it is expensive. I never have used this stuff but it gets fairly good reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
        That's strange, I wonder why my previous post posted twice? and about a half hour apart! Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any way to delete one of them?
        Yes, you can delete one of them. See the EDIT button in the lower right corner? Click on that, then click on DELETE button that shows up in the same area. When you click that DELETE button, a new area will show up just below that, click on the DELETE MESSAGE option on the left side. That will enable another DELETE THIS MESSAGE button on the right side. NOTE: you do not have to type in a reason for why you deleted the message.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Yes, you can delete one of them. See the EDIT button in the lower right corner? Click on that, then click on DELETE button that shows up in the same area. When you click that DELETE button, a new area will show up just below that, click on the DELETE MESSAGE option on the left side. That will enable another DELETE THIS MESSAGE button on the right side. NOTE: you do not have to type in a reason for why you deleted the message.

Cool! worked like a charm! That's still strange that it would double post like that. Thanks for the assist.
          http://www.visitedstatesmap.com/imag...TXUTWAWIsm.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Working...
          X