what clear??

I just posted the pics for him
    ---Eric

Comment

Is that clear coat gas resistant? terrylee

Comment

clear

Originally posted by kdo58 View Post
        spray max 2k is not affected by gas. once it is cured.
        i think that was already covered

Comment

what type of paint did u use?
          sigpic1979 GS 1000E:cool:
          Southside Chicago

Comment

paint

Here it is my $200. bike and $80. paint job.

Comment

I'm not a fan of red, but I have to admit your bike looks really good! I have a '79 gs850 in original black that needs a repaint--still have not decided on a color. I painted cars, trucks, boats, bikes etc... for ten years and you have done a fine job with spray cans--looks GREAT!

Comment

It's very shiny. Love the new color. You painted over the chrome fender too?

Comment

Nice looking paint job. I hope mine comes out that good this winter. I like the painted fender. I think that Chrome is often over done. I like the Matching fender and tank better. Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck View Post
                    \ I like the Matching fender and tank better. Good job.
                    Generational gap statement! I'm willing to guess that you are under the age of 40? Just kidding around. I like the look of chrome fenders.

Comment

paint

the bike I painted is not the same one in my avatar, I one I painted is a 81 and it came with a painted fender. I like chrome my self.

Comment

i've been thinking about changing my front chrome for a painted fender. Still thinking about it though.
                        1979 GS850G
                        2004 SV650N track bike
                        2005 TT-R125 pit bike
                        LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Yeah, Im in the same boat, its hard to know what to do about the chrome fender, I think I will leave mine as is when ever I get around to painting my bike, but they do look great painted in the right colour...

And then sometimes I look at my bike and think hmmm does it really need a new paint job/look at all...

Comment

That's a really nice job.Did my 81 GS650E up with rattle cans,turned out nice.It's all in the prep and taking your time.Think my 750(see sig) has to much bodywork to do that way.This is probably just my excuse for wanting to use the spray gun that came with my compressor though
                            BTW I'm over 40 (51) and I don't like chrome fenders.
                            Last edited by Guest; 07-31-2010, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog209 View Post
                              Generational gap statement! I'm willing to guess that you are under the age of 40? Just kidding around. I like the look of chrome fenders.
                              Why yes I am 38 to be exact..lol. As far as those thinking about painted fenders here is my 550L with painted fenders that are normally chrome.

The front fender is powder coated and the rear is Rattle can...I was experimenting with my rattle can abilities... but both of those are normally chrome and so is the brake light bracket.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X