gs 1100 cafe street fighter thingy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs 1100 cafe street fighter thingy

[/IMG]i used to be on here as sonnygs1100 but my harley blew up and ive been rebuilding it for a year and have not done much with this bike . i had to pull it out of shop to paint my harley and decided since harley is done id finish this bike
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    Last edited by Guest; 08-20-2010, 12:39 PM.

I like it, it has a good clean line look to it.
    http://www.visitedstatesmap.com/imag...TXUTWAWIsm.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

That shortened stock seat is exactly what I've been considering for the 550/700 hybrid.
      Looks very nice, got pics of the frame mods to do it?
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I like it. Usually, the chopped/bobbed/cafe look does not do much for me, but the lines really flow on that one.
        sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

it looks like a flat tracker a$$ end.
          doesn't get any cooler than a street/flaT tracker type of bike.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            That shortened stock seat is exactly what I've been considering for the 550/700 hybrid.
            Looks very nice, got pics of the frame mods to do it?
            if your realy interested i can pull back end off and show you mods , seat is stock pan cut in half and slide together so you still use stock front mount and stock locking rear latch

Comment

Needs some meatier forks, 17" wheels, and big brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by makenzie71 View Post
                yes but i have 4 street bikes and this one is way down on priority list but i do like the looks of it and the way it rides . i have ape air cleaners and dynojet kit and round 140mph gauges and emgo 1/4 fairing ( not sure i like fairing ) that i need to put on bike
                Last edited by Guest; 08-20-2010, 02:33 PM.

Comment

I would leave the fairing off & get a set of small aftermarket gauges to finish it off if it was mine!

Don't agree with the 17" wheel comment either, the bigger front wheel suits it.
                  1980 GS1000G - Sold
                  1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                  1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                  1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                  2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                  1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                  2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                    I would leave the fairing off & get a set of small aftermarket gauges to finish it off if it was mine!

Don't agree with the 17" wheel comment either, the bigger front wheel suits it.
                    i have a nice set of round tach and speedo from a gs1000 to put on it , think it will look real nice with out big gauge cluster and i realy dont think fairing is going on it ( it just does not look right )

Comment

beautiful

i'd kick my girlfriend out for that machine.

Comment

Originally posted by makenzie71 View Post
                        I think it looks great just the way it is, it still has that look as if it could be a factory design. The only thing I would do differently is put much smaller turn signals on it, the rear have already been removed but the front are still the huge signals. It would look great with smaller signals, just my opinion.
                        http://www.visitedstatesmap.com/imag...TXUTWAWIsm.jpg

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Originally posted by sonnydaze View Post
                          i have a nice set of round tach and speedo from a gs1000 to put on it , think it will look real nice with out big gauge cluster and i realy dont think fairing is going on it ( it just does not look right )

Hey Sonny,
                          Would you let me know what you looking to get for these? I have a 1980 GS1100E with a square light that I'm looking to mod-up to round light and round gauges. Considering a few setups, not in a hurry..
                          Would you have a round big head light around too? Please let me know, p.m. if you want

Comment

I like it, you cut the frame and removed the small palstic sides then blended in the line.

Clever!

Comment

Take the front & rear pegs off and put on rear sets.

Comment

Working...
                              X