Different clocks on my GS750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different clocks on my GS750

Hi, I've just bought a 79 GS 750. Its in good nick but I want to convert it into a poor mans streetfighter. The first thing I want to do is change the clocks.

I want to get rid of the speedo and rev counter and replace it with 1 round clock with some lights in it for Indicators, neutral and high beam.

Does any one have any ideas as to what I can use? Does it have to be a Suzuki clock or can I use something else and change the cable.

Any info would be really helpful

Cheers

Loads of stuff will fit - aftermarket or other Japanese originals (just check that the gearing is the same - it does vary).

Something off a little Zook 2-stroke single would work quite nicely - a lot of them only had a speedo with all the idiot lights in there.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Have A look at Mikes XS Accessories they have some nice looking mini speedos

Comment

Im starting the design/wish I had the money for this part of the process. If you really wanna save some money AND dont mind a little fabrication work. Build yourself a set. You can buy a nice digital Speedometer with magnetic pick up that can be mounted on the front of rear wheel. A digital tach is a easy-breezy install for the sensor. And then all you need to do is decide on what other info your set will give you. If you look at Danmoto, you can get a speedo/tach combo in one clock face that also has a fuel gauge with a few idiot lights. Add the Show Chrome volt/mutli meter and you get volt, time. temp and a couple other things. Add a cheapo "What Gear am I in?" led and youve got a crap load of info for under $300 AND its custom. All you need to do is fabricate a mount for them. Anything form a piece of sheet metal to ABS plastic will do. Do all of youre brain storming with rigid cardboard first. Its cheaper than your mounting material and far easier to work with. And have all your gauges on hand so you can make your own measurements. And the number 1 rule of making anything, Measure a **** load of times and only cut once.

Comment

If you don't mind Tach only look at some of the tachs from Suzuki T and GT series bikes.

They have 3 idiot lighs on the face..

Comment

Look at the electronic guages at Trailtech.net, not round, but easy, universal installation, lightweight, and has a mount for indicator lights. They cost $75-130, and the mounts cost extra.

Comment

Working...
            X