GS850 1982 stator cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS850 1982 stator cover

I've been searching the web for a stator cover for my 1982 gs850g (if you have one in good cosmetic condition, let me know). I know the 850G and 850L model covers from 82-83 would work but not so sure about 81 or older. I saw the parts catalogs and the numbers are different and the rotors seem to be a little different ... So my question is, is it likely an 81 or older stator cover would fit my bike? Has anyone ever tried it?

Thanks,

Kevin

The stator cover from any GS850G or GL 79-83 will work.

The exterior badges are a little different in the various years, and the 1979 stator and rotor are different.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Thank you,

Kevin

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
      The stator cover from any GS850G or GL 79-83 will work.

The exterior badges are a little different in the various years, and the 1979 stator and rotor are different.

Comment

Double check that on a parts fiche. The reason I say that is because mostly only the 82-83 are interchangable, but on this part I could be wrong.

If his 79 doesn't work try the salvage yards - uneedapart.com, mrcycleparts.com, findmypart.com. You'll be amazed at the parts you'll find there.

Old Skool Roolz

Comment

Working...
        X