Looking for a GOOD paint guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a GOOD paint guy

Anyone had any direct experience with a good paint guy in the Milwaukee area? Not looking for real heavy custom paint, just good basics.

when you say basics, are you talking a solid color or multicolor paint scheme? Or are thinking flames, scallops or pinstriping?

I worked at a paint shop that specialized in custom work. Always hated when some one said "I want somthing basic," and left it at that.

Comment

More or less two-color stock pattern, slightly different colors, separated by the thin gold pinstriping. Will need to do some color matching, using a couple of pieces I already have. Very close to the stock deep red / burgundy combination that was available on the 80 GS850
      Last edited by Guest; 10-13-2010, 11:15 PM. Reason: added color description

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Nah, can't think of anyone off hand.

Comment

I think Rustybronco knows a guy that has the exact mix codes and paint label from a can of that deep burgundy.......Oh yeah..he does!!!
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Neither color is exactly the factory colors. The burgundy is close, but not close enough. The lighter red is a little farther off.

I'll get some pics up, hopefully this evening.

Comment

So you want to keep the slightly off colors? If you just have some chucks of paint to match I guess the paint shop can scan them, but posting online wont help as it will look different on every single computer looking at them on here.

Comment

There's a guy on here that started his own paint shop.... NVR2OLD maybe is his handle. His stuff looks good. Not sure where he's based but I know it's not near me..!
                1980 GS1000G - Sold
                1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

The paint mix and label i referred to came from a scan of the original deep burgundy metallic..I am poaitive it is a match...if youre interested.
                  MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                  1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Here's the color scheme I'm heading toward.

I've got tank, side covers and tail piece painted like this. Want to do the front fender, fairing, hard bags and truck all to match

Comment

Originally posted by wisgolfer59 View Post

Here's the color scheme I'm heading toward.

I've got tank, side covers and tail piece painted like this. Want to do the front fender, fairing, hard bags and truck all to match
                      Is the gold painted, pinstriped, or gold leaf and clear?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
                        Is the gold painted, pinstriped, or gold leaf and clear?
                        I didn't have them done - bought them this way. Looks to be painted, though

Comment

I'd be glad to do your paint. You can check out some of my work at www.meticulouspaint.com. Feel free to PM me here or contact me through the site. I live in Spokane, WA..but shipping parts is reasonable through USPS.

Larry
                          1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Thanks for the offer. I'll send you a PM

Comment

Working...
                            X