Polished and Painted Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polished and Painted Wheels

I finally polished and painted the wheels on the 1100E.

The only thing left now is to have the front fender painted.

Very nice.

Ooohh, I just saw that third picture again and noticed the Voyager in there.
    I had one of them for several years, as well as its predecessor, the KZ1300.

Last edited by Steve; 11-16-2010, 12:22 AM.
    sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

looks like powercoat paint. Nice polish job on the rims. Did you clear them?

Originally posted by kyscootertrash View Post
      I finally polished and painted the wheels on the 1100E.

The only thing left now is to have the front fender painted.

Comment

Clearcoat

No, I didn't clearcoat. Just left them bare so that they are easier to re-buff later. The bike next to the Voyager uses a Voyager chassis. I stripped it and made it into a cruiser. My buddies just call it Frankenbike.

Comment

Very nice. I did the same on my Connie but didn't paint the wheels that nice.
          Is that a Rocket III??
          Kid at work has one but the thing looks so odd.
          Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
          2000 Kawasaki Concours
          Please wear ATGATT

Comment

I love those Rockets. I'd take one in a heartbeat.
            Current Bikes:
            2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Rocket

Yes, that's a Rocket III. The thing is a torque monster. With the pipes, filter, and current tune, it has 150HP and 170ft lbs of torque. Anything less than 60mph, just gear down, snap the throttle, and she stands right up.

Comment

easy and durable paint job

Had a friend of mine paint (if you wanna call it that) his Rocket, he umm Line Xed it. I saw it and thought to myself that is gonna be one durable paint job. I mean, you just wash it off, no drying or waxing. No stone marks, chips etc. And only cost him $200!!!
                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
                  Had a friend of mine paint (if you wanna call it that) his Rocket, he umm Line Xed it. I saw it and thought to myself that is gonna be one durable paint job. I mean, you just wash it off, no drying or waxing. No stone marks, chips etc. And only cost him $200!!!
                  I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about.
                  Current Bikes:
                  2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                    I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about.
                    Line-X is one of several "pro" truck bed coating companies, so basically the bike has been "ruggedized," hehe!

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by kyscootertrash View Post
                      Yes, that's a Rocket III. The thing is a torque monster. With the pipes, filter, and current tune, it has 150HP and 170ft lbs of torque. Anything less than 60mph, just gear down, snap the throttle, and she stands right up.
                      The IS kid at work got his earlier this year.He pulled up next to me after work at a light.
                      I looked for the po po and revved Connie to around 4k.
                      He was revving like a fool,I saw the other side of the light turn yellow and blew him away on the green.
                      Granted he is only like 28 or so but it was a blast to beat him with my 10 yo,47k Kawasaki.
                      Granted, in the proper hands it would probably be different, but still fun.

Just not anything I could get to like. I've never been a fan of cruiser bikes and it just ain't it.
                      To each his own
                      Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                      2000 Kawasaki Concours
                      Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Rocket

For comfort and pulling a trailer, the Rocket is kinda hard to beat. For straight line acceleration, I'll stick to my old Suzuki.

Comment

Working...
                        X