GS750/550 Seat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750/550 Seat.

Are the early 8v GS750 and 550 seats interchangable? I have seen a nice seat from a 550 (1978) and would like to fit it to my 750 (1977),
    Thanks in advance.

A 'bump' in hope of an answer? The ebay auction ends in 12 hours so if anyone can shed any light it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

All I can say is the part numbers are different, so there must be somw differences. Even if the hinges lined up the lock on the other side may not.

Comment

The 550 seat is smaller than the 750. The tail section is essentially the same but not much else as far as bodywork.

Comment

Many thanks for the replys, decided to give it a miss, it may be a good price, but nothings a bargin if you can't use it.

Comment

Sorry to drag this one from the dark past (was looking for 550 stuff), but here is the seat from '79 GS550 on my '78 GS750.

Looks like it fits to me ..

Comment

I have heard the pans are the same and they fit, but they look a little different.
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

In my case the GS550 pan was excellent and the GS750 was rusty (I welded in repairs) so the GS550 one seems to fit better ..

Here's the same seat on the GS550 ..

Last edited by Guest; 03-07-2011, 10:46 PM.

Comment

When I bought my '77 GS750, it had a King/Queen seat on it. I took it off when I bought a stock seat from a GS550. It fit fine it looked great. I've since cut the frame & made my own seat deck.

Comment

Working...
                  X