Stainless bolts not cool enough? Get Titanium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stainless bolts not cool enough? Get Titanium

Create something amazing with racebolts.com Your domain name is your identity on the Internet racebolts.com is a unique name with lots of potential for someone looking to either create a new site or use racebolts.com for redirection to their existing one. racebolts.com is a Brandable domain.

Cool stuff but I don't want to spend $5-$10 pr bolt..

On the other hand these are the only M10x1.25 pitch button head bolts I've found.. (correct size for GS foot pegs)

How about Aluminum bolts for those case covers?
    Create something amazing with racebolts.com Your domain name is your identity on the Internet racebolts.com is a unique name with lots of potential for someone looking to either create a new site or use racebolts.com for redirection to their existing one. racebolts.com is a Brandable domain.

I like the aluminum bolts... in either red or blue. But at about $2 each. I'm gonna need like 30 of them!

Thanks for links. I might actually get some of these some day.

Comment

I totally dig those.

Comment

I should not have looked at this thread. Just like I shouldn't have had that 3rd shot at the strip club Sat night. And I always wonder where my money goes...

Comment

Those alum socket heads would be good for my valve cover
          They come in pretty colors too
          The titanium is nice too
          Thx for the link.

Comment

With the aluminum bolts, do you guys think that torque would be an issue? I'd be afraid of shearing one off, or snapping one.

Comment

Originally posted by four_shot View Post
              With the aluminum bolts, do you guys think that torque would be an issue? I'd be afraid of shearing one off, or snapping one.
              No, aluminum bolts won't take as much torque as steel, but they'll do fine for low-stress stuff like case covers.

They come with instructions and usually a little packet of anti-seize goop.

The titanium bolts will pretty much handle the same stresses as steel, but the anti-seize goop is critical.

Here's another good source of beautiful stainless and Ti jewelry for bikes:
              Probolt-USA the number one supplier of Aluminum, Stainless steel, and Titanium to the Motorcycle Race Teams in the USA. Also a very large selection of Kits for your Road going Motorcycle Fairing, Engine, Frame, Brakes, Wheels, Forks, Screen, all in Stock in the USA.

Most of my stainless stuff has come from McMaster-Carr: http://mcmaster.com
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Cool thread!
                BTW, what size are the(bowl and cap)screws on CV carbs
                sigpic

82 GS850
                78 GS1000
                04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                .................________-|___\____
                ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
                  Cool thread!
                  BTW, what size are the(bowl and cap)screws on CV carbs
                  Tell me if I get this wrong (goin by part #)

CV

caps M5x12mm
                  Caps w bracket M5x16

bowls
                  M5x16mm

Frame bolts
                  M6x12mm

Comment

Try this:

I can't help it, I'm just cheap. I'll just eat one less cheeseburger

Toddk
                    1979 Suzuki GS1000:dancing:always wanted one, 1983 Honda CB1100F Hot Rod(does that show my age), 1984 Kawasaki GPZ750(rain bike)

Comment

For stainless A2 button head M5x16mm bolt depot has metricmcc beat.. $9.24 for 100 pack or 18 cents each..

Metricmcc wants $26.03 pr 100..

I just thought the Ti and Aluminum hardware was kinda cool.. Still expensive tho

Still thaks for the link.. MetricMCC stocks some sizes and thread pitches I can't get from bolt depot or my local Tacoma Screw..

Comment

Thanks for the info, I use them for convienence, prices are generally good enough for me, It's were I got the studs for my cylinder heads, once I had the bolts out there was no way they were going back in. I'm in New York, I get my stuff the next day.

Best regards,

Toddk

p.s. The have some witworth and BS stuff for you British guys.
                        1979 Suzuki GS1000:dancing:always wanted one, 1983 Honda CB1100F Hot Rod(does that show my age), 1984 Kawasaki GPZ750(rain bike)

Comment

Originally posted by sschering View Post
                          http://www.racebolts.com/index.php?m...ndex&cPath=623

Cool stuff but I don't want to spend $5-$10 pr bolt..

On the other hand these are the only M10x1.25 pitch button head bolts I've found.. (correct size for GS foot pegs)

How about Aluminum bolts for those case covers?
                          http://www.racebolts.com/index.php?m...th=675_676_678

"wallet bait !"

Save the money spent on bling, and treat yourself to a new high end riding jacket or helmet...

Comment

5mmx16 rightous price, shipping?

Hi,

I used the 16mm length on both sides of the carbs ,diaphragm and bowl, if you have the old models, with the connectors between carbs that sit on the diaphragm cover, you almost have to have some 16mms for the connecter locations, esp if you want to use a lock washer.
                            If you can get decently priced shipping on the hundred package, that is a good buy.

FORGET about bolts depot, they want more to ship than a package of one hundred costs. They dont offer to ship pp or primail, which would half the cost if not more.

Originally posted by sschering View Post
                            For stainless A2 button head M5x16mm bolt depot has metricmcc beat.. $9.24 for 100 pack or 18 cents each..

Metricmcc wants $26.03 pr 100..

I just thought the Ti and Aluminum hardware was kinda cool.. Still expensive tho

Still thaks for the link.. MetricMCC stocks some sizes and thread pitches I can't get from bolt depot or my local Tacoma Screw..
                            Last edited by Guest; 12-09-2010, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X