No announcement yet.

Bar positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know more than me, I don't even know what a CAD drawing is. I just want my bars a hell of a lot lower and more of a kat style.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
      You know more than me, I don't even know what a CAD drawing is. I just want my bars a hell of a lot lower and more of a kat style.
      Did you try flipping your clip ons upside down? I think your clip ons have a rise so if you flip it over that oughta make the riding stance lower.

If the snow clears up, I'll head over to my friends shop and see if he can get things done .

Comment

Tried it last night, wont work. Let me know!

Thanks.

Comment

Or you could just find some Katana clip ons. They need to be off an 82 or 83, not the newer (88-96) models.
          The 82,83 use 37 mm fork legs, too.

Comment

I'll keep looking just in case.

Comment

I have an old set of '82 Katana clip-ons. Plus two pair of 1150ES bars. Which are lower than 700E bars, (but bolt to the triple clamp the same way) but the angle may be odd on the 700. Maybe if a ride happens this weekend, I'll bring them along so you can take a look at them.
              The Three Horsemen
              '85 GS1150ES (Current Income Eater)
              '83 GS1100ES
              ‘77 XLCR

"Never ride faster than you can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes."
              Porkchop Express

Comment

Sounds good to me, I think one is trying to get set up for sunday. I'll be able to make it as my bike just fired up.

Comment

Working...
                X