New paint, opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New paint, opinions.

Since my black paint was half assed and scratched up trying to cover the original paint...

Before

After

It sounds amazing too now that my headers are all welded up.

It alos goes faster now as red is the fastest colour of all.
    Big change from doing the paint All Black is a hard thing to do esp. flat paint.

Comment

Yeah, but I just noticed something I never noticed before... my forward engine mounts have no bolts. Only one hole has one. Its a 12mm head have any idea what the thread and length is so I dont have to pull it and risk the engine shifting

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
        Yeah, but I just noticed something I never noticed before... my forward engine mounts have no bolts. Only one hole has one. Its a 12mm head have any idea what the thread and length is so I dont have to pull it and risk the engine shifting
        Try here

Comment

Just gives the part #, no specs on the bolt itself. I'm guessing an M8 1x20mm?

Comment

Hi,

The bolt size is often embedded in the part number. Have a look:

Bolt Sizes

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks basscliff and while were at it, can I make my own valve cover gasket with the half moons and all. I'm at the hardware store right now..

Comment

None of the sites support mobile platforms so I have no idea what size I need!

Comment

Hi,

If you need the front engine mount bolts, #3 in the parts fiche, the (new) part# is 01500-0816B. That would translate to an 8x16 bolt.

For the valve cover gasket, yes you can make your own. There's a how-to on my website. As for the half-moons, I suppose it's possible but I've never heard of anyone making their own.

EDIT: Oops, I was talking about the valve cover gasket on my bike. It's different on yours. You have a gasket with the half-moons integrated. You'll have to go OEM for yours.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
                  Last edited by Guest; 01-12-2011, 08:42 PM.

Comment

the paint looks 10x better btw. Good job.

Comment

Looks very nice. Paint and the seat, like the fender too.

Comment

I like red; looks good especially with the new seat cover.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                          I like red; looks good especially with the new seat cover.
                          Thanks! Hopefully soon enough you get to see it and the flaws in it! I love SB, even living in SD I like to take a vacation on spring break to SB! Bath Street is my hotel area!

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
                            Thanks! Hopefully soon enough you get to see it and the flaws in it! I love SB, even living in SD I like to take a vacation on spring break to SB! Bath Street is my hotel area!
                            Let me know; I'm not far away.

I used to live on Bath about 25 years ago

Comment

Working...
                            X