Highway footpeg/engine guard/windscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highway footpeg/engine guard/windscreen

Hello everyone, wasn't sure which forum to throw this question in, I think this is the best fit.
    I did some searching but couldn't find a definitive answer.

This may I will be taking my bike about 1600 miles roundtrip. I have a '82 GS650L. Any who have ridden this bike knows why I'm asking.

I want to put some highway footpegs on, and my research has led me to mount them on engine guards. I however, don't know what engine guards to buy and what pegs to buy to put on them. Also, I'm looking at purchasing a windshield for this trip too.

Any ideas, experiences, or tips with any of these small projects is welcome. Thanks.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you what brand or really any other info since these pegs were installed on my bike by the previous owner. They attach to the case guards like you said. The case guard tubes are 1" diameter and they have three legs that attach to the bike. The pegs simply clamp to the case guard and fold up when not in use.

Not sure how much help that is, but I thought the pictures might help you. I also have a windshield that came with my bike which I will not use. I would be willing to part with it for a reasonable offer if you are interested. It's in really good shape, but I have no idea what sort of windshield you seek.

It has clamps which will work on just about any 7/8" diameter handlebar. Send me a pm if you are interested.

Comment

I have that windshield on my 550L it keeps the bike a lot more stable than without on the interstate. Your head still gets a little buffetted but it works pretty good.

Paul

Comment

I have a set of engine guards that are in pretty good shape off a 1982 GS 650g that I would let go of for $30.00 plus shipping. One of these guys can tell you if they match up to yours I think they do but dont quote me. PM if you want pics and let me know if you want them.

Comment

Originally posted by Testarossa View Post
          Unfortunately, I cannot tell you what brand or really any other info since these pegs were installed on my bike by the previous owner. They attach to the case guards like you said. The case guard tubes are 1" diameter and they have three legs that attach to the bike. The pegs simply clamp to the case guard and fold up when not in use.

Pretty sure those are from JC Whiney; I have a new set in a box somewhere.

Comment

Working...
          X