Just painted my track bike…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just painted my track bike…

Hey, remember my postings about my track bike project? It's a '93 GSX750F Katana.
    Here's how it looked when I got it home:

Just bolted on the panels for these photos:

I chose some new colors, and I duplicated the old decals with paint.

Can't wait for the dam snow to go away!
    Bill
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

nice job. looks cool
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Nice, the yellow really pops out. Looks like a good job on the fading. Should be fun!
      Rob
      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Nice, looks really nice.
        I can see you are going to have hours of knee scraping fun on that machine.

Comment

Looks really good.

Comment

Nice looking bike.
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Looks great Bill,
              Tape up those lights and pull that fuse, and see you on the track. We are having some track days at Putnam Park outside Indy in May.

Comment

Sweet!!! You'll defiantly stand out!

I would look into getting some frame sliders though. It'd be a shame for all your pretty paint work to get trashed. It being a track bike accidents do happen, it would be prudent to be prepared.

Just my 2 cents. The bike looks great though!

Comment

Frame sliders not available…

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
                  Sweet!!! You'll defiantly stand out!

I would look into getting some frame sliders though. It'd be a shame for all your pretty paint work to get trashed. It being a track bike accidents do happen, it would be prudent to be prepared.

Just my 2 cents. The bike looks great though!
                  Thanks everybody for all the positive comments!
                  About sliders Tom: bummer, sliders don't work for the pre 98 Katana.
                  A man who designs and markets frame sliders is a member on a Katana forum as I am. He had a try at it, but they have to be so long they stick out like a couple corn cobs.
                  I came up with this body armor/slider idea. I'm gonna wrap the mufflers with sheet steel too.
                  It's the best I can do.
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Beautiful job! You could always swipe a giant set of highway bars offn' the CHiPs and weld them on!
                    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Very nice work. I remember when I had my 92 Katana 600. A friend of mine laid the bike on it's side so it was time for a new coat of paint. First thing I did was fill in and smooth out the mounts for the mirrors. I forgot where I got the passenger seat eliminator, but when it was done it was pretty nice. That bike had lots of mods, and was fast for a GSX600F.

To bad the kid I sold it to totaled it, and almost died a week later. I think it was just too much machine for him, even though he said he was an experienced rider.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                        A man who designs and markets frame sliders is a member on a Katana forum as I am. He had a try at it, but they have to be so long they stick out like a couple corn cobs.
                        I came up with this body armor/slider idea. I'm gonna wrap the mufflers with sheet steel too.
                        It's the best I can do.
                        At least you've thought about . The body armor idea isn't bad, it's worth experimenting with.
                        It's a nice looking bike and should be a blast to throw around the track. Have fun on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                          It's the best I can do.
                          Not positive but you can probably get some NRC case covers for an older GSXR that will work on that bike. Some tracks will require you to have them. You can check with street and comp , I believe they can still get you some.Just checked kneedraggers.com has them
                          Last edited by hjfisk; 01-27-2011, 10:43 PM.
                          1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                          80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                          1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
                          83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                          85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                          1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                          “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                          If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Working...
                          X