Looking for Painter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Painter

I would like to repaint my 650G this year and I am looking for someone who can do the original paint. I also have a set of decals, OEM, but don't worry they are not 30 years old. My bike has the maroon color with gold specs and it's what I want to duplicate. I've always liked the color and it looks great in the sun.

I know there are more than a few professional painters on this forum, I'm hoping someone can do a stock paint job for a fair price.

The local body shops either want to do the paint their way (You don't really want that original color with gold specs, do you kid?) or else they don't like to do motorcycle tanks. The Harley shops turn their noses up at Jap Crap. In short, I just don't trust them to do it right. I'd rather have a true GSer do it.

I have a small dent or two that needs repair, I could probably take care of it but maybe it's best left to someone that knows what they are doing. Painting is not one of my skill sets and I have neither the proper tools nor work area to do it properly.

Contact me by PM if you are interested.
    1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
    1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

J&B Moto

Owner is a friend of mine. He does stunning work. Tell him you r a friend of mine.

Comment

Duane..look at the pics Dale posted a few weeks ago of tanks i had at his place. The skunk tank was the maroon you speak of. If thats the color you want Dale can send you the tinting mix, or i can make a copy from the can i have and send it to you snail mail. Thread name is FRESH PAINT! Posted by Rustybronco.
      Last edited by chuck hahn; 03-06-2011, 11:05 PM.
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Thats not your nermall ever day werk right there, them boys are good.

Originally posted by doug g View Post
        J&B Moto

Owner is a friend of mine. He does stunning work. Tell him you r a friend of mine.

Comment

I'd be glad to do your parts. Motorcycles are all I do. Feel free to check out my work at www.meticulouspaint.com. It would be factory correct but it would look even better then it did when it left the factory, guaranteed.

Larry
          1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Another vote for Larry (nvr2old). Amazing paint work.
            85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
            79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Another vote for Larry here is some of his work..just got these back yesterday...

Comment

I think I now know who will be doing my paint work.

Comment

http://www.meticulouspaint.com/gallery.php here is his website

Comment

Thanks for the vote of confidence you guys. I appreciate it. Good to see everything arrived safely, Joe. Looking forward to seeing the Nighthawk all back together again. That baby looks brand new.
                    1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Working...
                    X