Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a bobber possible with my 83 GS 1100E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is a bobber possible with my 83 GS 1100E?

Hi everyone,

I have been working so hard on getting this bad boy tuned up and I am relieved to say that it is FINALLY running like a dream come true. I have been wrenching on it for almost a year now and as of Saturday it is done. Now that I am in such good shape I have been thinking about a bobber look to it but I have not seen one of this model ever before. Does anyone know if they have seen one or what it maight look like? I know that anyhting is possible.

I am in Northern California, Sacramento and would like to work with someone on getting some concepts together for it.

Thanks for any help!

Patrick

Sure, it's possible.
    You could make the Mona Lisa into a bunch of shop rags, too.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Please don't do it.

Find another scoot and chop that one up. Yours is WAY TOO NICE, to be cut on...

Comment

"Is a bobber possible with my 83 GS 1100E?"

and then he has the nerve to put this in his sig:

"Respect the bike!"

What gives?

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Ah....no, it is not possible. Not possible at all...sorry. You'll just have to ride it all ugly like it is now...
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Wow. I hacked the **** out of my GS550L, but mine is an unpopular, ugly, rusty POS. No waaaay would I cut up a beautiful bike like yers. If you want a bobber GS, grab a cheap mechanics special off craigslist. IMO. If you get the same bike you will have effectively double the spare parts too, and the experience.

Comment

You cant be serious!!
              This is BS.
              sigpic

82 GS850
              78 GS1000
              04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
              .................________-|___\____
              ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Don't do it!

Your bike looks too good to do that to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
                  You cant be serious!!
                  This is BS.
                  Haha, I agree. Got to be pulling a fast one.

If you are at all serious, do what I did and find a sub-par craigslist bike. Worth paying a little extra for one with paperwork that is all square though! You run into some sketchy bikes/people if you're not careful. First thing to ask is registration and title status(don't want to drive an hour to find out the title is in his ex-girlfriend's name). Then you can start worrying about how the bike itself is.

Comment

Let it be said I am far from a Purist. I believe in make the bike yours do as you wish, but in this case I really have to agree. That bike is beautiful. I am actually looking for one of those or a 82 Katana. I have a nice GS550L that I am giving a make over, but that is in paint and bars only. Then I have the spare frame and moter from my original project and that I am planning on making into a chop. I would never concieve of doing that to a bike as nice as yours though. I would by some basket case that I intend to put together with bits and pieces of other bikes and parts of my own manufacture if that is what you want to do. Just my $.02.

Comment

Nobody in their right mind cuts up a bike like that.

I dare you to cut that thing up. Double dog dare you.

Get your video camera and take some shots of the bike running and what it looks like now. Then put the camera on a tripod and film while you hack off the rear subframe, rear fender, muffler, etc. Post the video on You Tube when you are done.

Have fun
                      Last edited by Nessism; 01-31-2011, 07:33 PM.
                      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Okay okay I get it!

I thank you all for the overwhelming repsponses! I will stay true to form with my beloved GS and I will just get the seat reupholstered okay? I do think the bike looks and rides great as is, I just get excited and want to make changes. An ever evolving project if you will. I guess it is at the point where it shoudl simply be enjoyed for what it is. A fantastic bike in superb shape!

Patrick

Comment

Wow. I imagine that beauty rides likes a charm!
                          Great looking bike.

Comment

i think i saw you on bobberforum.com but im not sure. of course you can bob it, shafties are a challenge but using struts can solve that. bust out the sawzall and let the bike do the chopping if ya get my drift.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshStart View Post
                              i think i saw you on bobberforum.com but im not sure. of course you can bob it, shafties are a challenge but using struts can solve that. bust out the sawzall and let the bike do the chopping if ya get my drift.

No, and if you attempt to I'll spartan kick you in your balls after I knock the sawzall out of your hands and watch you crawl on your back to call 911.

Try me.

Have a nice day.

Comment

Working...
                              X