Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a bobber possible with my 83 GS 1100E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
    No, and if you attempt to I'll spartan kick you in your balls after I knock the sawzall out of your hands and watch you crawl on your back to call 911.

Try me.

Have a nice day.

A smiley should be inserted after such a comment as technically it constitutes a threat no matter how comical the intent.

Oh and as for bobbing a motorcycle. Bobbing looks as isiotic on a bike as it does on a poor molested horse. Please do no ruin such a nice bike.
    It is not some ugly Rat that would cost a fortune to restore it is in nearly perfect shape cosmetically. In general bikes that are shiny and clean ont he outside have had their innerds kept well too.

Comment

The styling of the 1100E isn't ideal for a bobber in my opinion. An "L" might be easier, as it already has more of a classically rounded tank style. In truth, I also agree that a less pristine example would be more suitable. Better to save a poor example by bobbing it than to cust up a nice presentable one.

That said, I could not be more bored with flat black paint, fenders removed, side license plates, and single cycle seats.

Its been done...

Here's a thread on a replica seat cover you can install yourself. I bought one of these foa a GS1000G, and it looks nice.
      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Motorräder View Post
        A smiley should be inserted after such a comment as technically it constitutes a threat no matter how comical the intent.

Oh and as for bobbing a motorcycle. Bobbing looks as isiotic on a bike as it does on a poor molested horse. Please do no ruin such a nice bike.
        It is not some ugly Rat that would cost a fortune to restore it is in nearly perfect shape cosmetically. In general bikes that are shiny and clean ont he outside have had their innerds kept well too.

He's threatening us with the idea of cutting up a beautiful bike

Comment

My engine comes out a bend frame so i bought a Hardtail Lowrider Custom Frame and build her up,i wouldn't cut into the original frame etc,if she is fine and original a beauty why dont you look for a spare engine or bike to chop ? Just an idea..

Comment

Actually yes. Sportbike, done right, look very good bobbed in my opinion. And no one will spartan kick anynthing to stop it. I will though go out on a limb and believe this was to get a rise out of the few purist here. This is a picture of a work in progress. And in my opinion, a damn nice start. Styling is what you make of it. If they can Cafe a Harley and do a nice job, you can indeed Bob a sportbike.

Comment

Working...
            X