• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Your bike looks good! Nice work.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks guys... I'm thinking of doing something a different in the mirror department... Looking at the picture, I need to be aircraft clearance lights on those things!

Anyone have tips on more stylish, yet still functional, mirrors??

Comment

I got the mirrors for my 850G from an older kz450. They were basically the same style of round lenses but with a shorter stalk. Any 10mm bolt mirror will work.

Comment

I still think black pinstriping between the gold and silver would really set it off. Looks great though.
          Current Bikes:
          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
            I still think black pinstriping between the gold and silver would really set it off. Looks great though.
            Something like that is in the works... Going to get it running correctly and get the grips and seat redone. Then we'll see...

Comment

Put some new grips on tonight... Going to be light accents of red around the bike. Not gawdy stuff, just a little here and there....

Comment

Darin, that looks awesome. If I might offer a suggestion, I think a thin black pinstripe (3/32" or 1/8") would really set off the paint scheme and make the colors jump out.

Comment

Originally posted by GS Jim View Post
                  Darin, that looks awesome. If I might offer a suggestion, I think a thin black pinstripe (3/32" or 1/8") would really set off the paint scheme and make the colors jump out.
                  Thanks... I'm pretty sure that's the way I'm going to go. Was going to test the idea of doing it in red, but I agree that black is a sure thing...

I'm holding off for now until I get the seat redone, and actually get the thing running correctly. Then, I was thinking of having it pinstriped on with paint. I think that would hold up better than tape, although, I can do the tape myself (use it all the time on my Remote Control race boats...)

Comment

Working...
                  X