Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok cool. thanks! btw your bike looks awesome octain

Comment

Ya, I did go with the K&N pods, dynojet kit and the 4into1 Marshall exhaust. The pods were a mofo to setup as far as the dynojet kit goes...still not exactly right but after being back into the carbs 5 or 6 times I decided 8500 rpm was good enough for now. Thinks I need more air flow resistance than those pods offer to pull the needle all the way up.
      The powdercoating I did all myself...you could do the same..get yourself a powdercoat coat gun and a used electric oven the rest is all prep work. Although doing the motor was a chore as far as all the taping off and prep work went.

Comment

Originally posted by Pureformance View Post
        ok cool. thanks! btw your bike looks awesome octain
        Thanks! Props back, love the white paint.
        sigpic

82 GS850
        78 GS1000
        04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
        .................________-|___\____
        ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by Bribird View Post
          Ya, I did go with the K&N pods, dynojet kit and the 4into1 Marshall exhaust. The pods were a mofo to setup as far as the dynojet kit goes...still not exactly right but after being back into the carbs 5 or 6 times I decided 8500 rpm was good enough for now. Thinks I need more air flow resistance than those pods offer to pull the needle all the way up.
          The powdercoating I did all myself...you could do the same..get yourself a powdercoat coat gun and a used electric oven the rest is all prep work. Although doing the motor was a chore as far as all the taping off and prep work went.
          Man it stinks that getting those pods right is such a chore. I cant stand the stock airbox and how hard it is to maneuver in and out of the bike. It drains my patience so quickly. Maybe i will eventually switch to pods.

And that is pretty cool you were able to do all of that yourself. I may look into getting a gun, i have many a thing i could use that on.

Originally posted by Octain View Post
          Thanks! Props back, love the white paint.
          Thanks man!

Comment

You wont regret getting the powdercoat gun..I got a gun from eastwood that i have used a bunch of times. Ya, you will find a lot of little things you would want to powdercoat. Its all the little things that really makes a bike look good....devil in the details. I got my gun just to do the motor and found myself powdercoating everything I could. One thing that i really had going for me that made it very doable was a walk in sandblast booth at the shop which made prepping the parts not all that bad. Just like laying paint, prep work is everything.
            I should be done rebuilding my C6 for my van this weekend then after thats off my mind it will be time to bring the gs1000 down from the 3rd floor at the shop and start tearing it down for a build.

Comment

Hey Pureformance, do you still have the sissy bar/ luggage rack that you would want to sell?

Comment

Originally posted by Bribird View Post
                You wont regret getting the powdercoat gun..I got a gun from eastwood that i have used a bunch of times. Ya, you will find a lot of little things you would want to powdercoat. Its all the little things that really makes a bike look good....devil in the details. I got my gun just to do the motor and found myself powdercoating everything I could. One thing that i really had going for me that made it very doable was a walk in sandblast booth at the shop which made prepping the parts not all that bad. Just like laying paint, prep work is everything.
                I should be done rebuilding my C6 for my van this weekend then after thats off my mind it will be time to bring the gs1000 down from the 3rd floor at the shop and start tearing it down for a build.
                That sounds like a pretty sweet thing to have around the house. I know my wife would love me using the oven to bake parts haha. And 3 floors of your shop?? Lucky! i just have a carport and a tall crawlspace to work with. : /

Originally posted by Mpenner View Post
                Hey Pureformance, do you still have the sissy bar/ luggage rack that you would want to sell?
                Sure do, you can PM whatever you think is fair for it. I can send you some more pics of it too if you would like?

Comment

I ran into a snag today. Pretty upset with myself about it too. I was filling my tank with some gas and i got some on the tank which ate the clear right off of it instantly. I had used a rustoleum clear that i now know (and should've researched) is not gas proof. I was wondering if the Plasti-kote automobile top coat recommended here http://www.thegsresources.com/garage/gs_repaint.htm is actually gas resistant or if there is anything out there i can use. And can i just sand the old clear off and recoat again? AHHH so mad at myself right now!

Comment

Well its been awhile since i posted any updates on my bike. Since the last post i had to re-clear the bike with some proper spray. Spray max 2k is amazing. If you paint your bike make sure to use it or something similar. The gas will eat through the other stuff like its nothing.

I also had to replace the ignition, and i replaced the coils along the way. Now its running amazingly well.

I finally got around to getting the bar ends and tank pads on it this past week. Also i rigged up some blinkers into the stock tail. I'm really hoping to address the seat soon and have a few ideas in mind for that in the near future.

Here's an updated pic though for the time being:

Also i took a video with my phone in my pocket, which just so happened to be aimed at my hand the entire time. ( doh ) But at least you can hear how nice it is running:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnxkA74EIdk

Comment

Bike sounds great! Nice and smooth just like a GS should sound like.
                      But, wind that thing out. It screems!
                      sigpic

82 GS850
                      78 GS1000
                      04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                      .................________-|___\____
                      ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

thanks man! I would have but the neighbors get a bit testy : / ill have to get a good video soon

Comment

Where did you get those extremely protective invisible gloves?
                          They look just like bare hands.
                          How do they do in case of a spill? Save lot's of skin?

Daniel

Comment

I do wear gloves, just didn't bother for a 30 second ride on my road

Comment

Working...
                            X