rearsets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rearsets?

anybody have any experience with these ?

I am wondering if its worth $300 to not have to modify something, and are there others for my application?

I've got them on my '78 550. Very good quality, near perfect design, adjustable and repairable, comes with all necessary hardware, and installs in about 10 minutes. Also, they can easily be removed if you want to replace the stock pegs when you sell. You can get steel or rubber pegs, rigid or folding.

I recommend them. Rarely will you see an aftermarket product for a 30-year-old bike that is so perfectly designed and packaged, that is so easily installed and that works so well.

Comment

try RAASK they are good, and probably a bit cheaper
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Bolt on and go.

Only problem I have had was with the clevis pin that uses a OD snap-ring on the shift lever and rod connection.

Parts: 02 0031 and 02 0028 per that diagram on Fast From the Past.

It buzzed out, and it is now laying on the side of the road somewhere between Sanger and Denton, TX. Sort of a pain to try and down shift, and nothings there. Just replaced it with a bolt and nylock nut, so far no problems since.

E
        Last edited by Guest; 02-25-2011, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
          try RAASK they are good, and probably a bit cheaper
          Quite a bit more expensive actually.

Comment

What do they bolt right on to? Where the passenger pegs were?

Comment

they bolt right to where the stock ones go.

I am curious as to what the difference is between these and stock. it looks like about 3inches back and 1 up, from the pics, which is about what I am after. what say you?

Comment

I have 2 sets for my GS1000's.. Love em..

Comment

See my album for some comparison photos on a '78 GS550 project

Comment

Working...
                  X