• Time
  • Show
Clear All

so here's what I am thinking

get couple of mounting brackets like these:

then a set of turning lights like these

and a headlight like this one

total cost about $100

I am not positive that it would work, but I am getting desperate. I can't find anything stock on e-bay...

what do you think of this set up? Do you think it would look ok?

the headlight would be a mistake as it is only 35/50w but apart from that I think it should be OK
    Try to get at least a 55/60w H4 headlight.
    Dink

Comment

thanks

thanks dink,

I am still trying to locate the stock ones, just can't seem to have any luck. If I go with aftermarket I will go with stronger lights on your recomendation.

Take care

Comment

I know a guy that used to work at a Suzuki shop that is supposed to have some of the 8" halogen Stanley units that were stock for sale. They put out great light. I have a 100 watt high beam on mine and the light that reflects off of highway signs is so bright you have to switch to low beam. I can check into it and let you know what he wants for them.

Comment

thanks

Yes, please check how much he wants for them? My e-mail is cabrilo@myway.com, or you can just post it here.

I apriciate your help

Comment

I actually run a 80/100w H4 in my little commuter Tractor (for the newbies it is an 1150, but I have an 1170 Katana) I am gonna try some of those High output Xenon type globes if this one ever dies; five years so far.
            Dink

Comment

Originally posted by Dink
              I actually run a 80/100w H4 in my little commuter Tractor (for the newbies it is an 1150, but I have an 1170 Katana) I am gonna try some of those High output Xenon type globes if this one ever dies; five years so far.
              If mine ever goes out I want to try one of the Xenon hyper white bulbs. It's probably been 8 years or more since I put the 55/100 on the bike. The higher wattage bulbs are heavy duty so it may be awhile before either of us gets to use the newer type.

Comment

I tried sending you a PM on the headlight. The PM function doesn't seem to be functioning right now because it is still sitting in the Outbox. Here is the info copied and pasted from it.

"I went by the guy's shop that has the big round GS headlights. He said he has a complete one with new lens, ring, and a bucket. He said he'll be very fair with you. He's not looking to get rich off the parts. Give him a call at (956) 618-2453, his name is Gene Cameron. He has a bunch of old GS stuff so if there is anything else you need other stuff."

Comment

toolman

Thanks Billy. I'll give him a call, and let you know if he had it...

Once again
                  Thank you
                  Neb

Comment

Working...
                  X