79-80 GS1000S Mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79-80 GS1000S Mirrors

Does anyone know whether we can still purchase a set of Suzuki OEM GS1000S mirrors or are these gone the way of the DoDoo Bird

I knew I should have bought another set
    1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
    Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

I bought some mirrors off this guy, good prices and nice quality.

He has a bunch of different mirrors and turn sigs, etc. Worth a look at

Great values and fast shipping on motorcycle mirrors, universal turn signals, tank bags and other accessories. Check back often because I will be adding more accessories in the new future!

Someone else here bought some off him after I sent them the link.

They say they're for a different bike on some but if it's 10mm it'll fit
    Last edited by Guest; 02-28-2011, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by srsupertrap View Post
      Does anyone know whether we can still purchase a set of Suzuki OEM GS1000S mirrors or are these gone the way of the DoDoo Bird

Gone it seems.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I've been looking too with no success....

This guy http://www.theflyingbanana.com/gs1000s2.htm

says these fit with slight mod to brackets

Comment

I think I might've gotten the last set from Bike Bandit. There were a few singles left for awhile, but from what I can tell, they're now all gone. They're unique, so finding a good pair is going to be difficult.
          1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Hi,

Before my wreck, I tried a set of these mirrors:

But I ended up taking them off and putting back the less-than-stellar-looking stock mirrors. Those cheap EMGO mirrors would not stay in position.

These look a little better constructed.:

After my wreck, a kind and generous member donated a set of used stock mirrors for Jessie. They're working great and I'm going to use them until they fall off.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Damned glad I bought a set when I did. I may try to find someone to fabricate some repros.
              Last edited by Guest; 02-28-2011, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudeman View Post
                Damned glad I bought a set when I did. I may try to find someone to fabricate some repros.
                Rudy, if you do find someone to fabricate some repress count me in for 2 pairs.

Jim

Comment

I'd be interested too! Count me in for a pair too - I'd pay in advance if necessary.

Comment

Count me in too! I don't want any handlebar-mount mirrors. I need the fairing-mounted ones!

Comment

RH ones still seem to be available over here but the LH ones are all gone.
                      79 GS1000S
                      79 GS1000S (another one)
                      80 GSX750
                      80 GS550
                      80 CB650 cafe racer
                      75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                      75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

I'll be offering BOTH of mine for sale in the near future.
                        They will not be cheap.
                        I would prefer to sell them to a purist though.

Daniel

Comment

Working...
                        X