Red/White?? Red/Silver?? Can't decide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    Josh, I read this six times and I don't have a clue what you are talking about.
    Can you show me?

I was thinking of having the white on the side of the tank swoop down onto the side cover and then go back, in one continuous curve but several tries on the stupid color program and I didn't get it right. Maybe I should try again.

Oh, now you totally screwed it up! Army green front fender doesn't go with anything...that wraparound white stripe on the tail looks gay....the black panel insert on the tank looks dumb and doesn't flow with the side covers....and your missing a handle on your metal cabinet door too....so stop trying to get creative at 2am! Get rid of that rear Dunlop tire (did you salvage that from an old Harley?) and leave it all army green and just ride the thing!

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
      Oh, now you totally screwed it up! Army green front fender doesn't go with anything...that wraparound white stripe on the tail looks gay....the black panel insert on the tank looks dumb and doesn't flow with the side covers....and your missing a handle on your metal cabinet door too....so stop trying to get creative at 2am! Get rid of that rear Dunlop tire (did you salvage that from an old Harley?) and leave it all army green and just ride the thing!
      I did the side cover change on the wrong pic, sorry! Yes that stripe does look gay, it was an early attempt. The Dunlop, yes it sucks, yes it's the wrong size, the Roadriders are ready to go on, but I'm having too much fun spinning the wheel on every other crosswalk or paint stripe to change it out just yet.

This tire sucks! Especially useless with a Sport Demon on the front!

Now I'm thinking maybe leave the whole side cover red? It will have the GS 650G emblem on it.

Or maybe just a horizontal white stripe across it?

or maybe just a little thing like this:

I wish I was an artist, this stuff would be easy.
      Last edited by tkent02; 03-03-2011, 10:24 AM.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Actually these last pics almost look like what I was saying. Either make the white swoop in the one a little larger (almost reverse what's on the tank, which is mostly red, make the side cover mostly white) or with the white stripe (which I like) bias the stripe either more toward the top of the side cover (my preference) or the bottom. That's pretty much what I was suggesting. Either that or split the side cover in half horizontally (half white half red, with a black pinstripe about a eighth inch above the end of the white in essence making an 1/8" black stripe followed by an 1/8" white stripe before the red starts)

I'm posting from my phone so I can't really show you unfortunately.

Comment

I prefer everything red, and the white/grey on the side of the tank. Nothing on fenders or side panel. Less is more

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post

take what you have on the side of the tank, flip it upside down and backwards and put it on the side cover.

Comment

Working...
            X