gs1150ef stripped down to a es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs1150ef stripped down to a es

I want to try changing the riding position on my 85 1150ef .I bought bars for a ES but they won't fit under the fairing.
    If I take off the fairing will i need to also change the headlight ?

Originally posted by barmstro View Post
    I want to try changing the riding position on my 85 1150ef .I bought bars for a ES but they won't fit under the fairing.
    If I take off the fairing will i need to also change the headlight ?
    ES is also faired, it just doesn't have the lower fibreglass belly fairing. So you have the bars from an EE. anyway, You don't have to change the headlight but it will sure be ugly if you don't. You'll also have to get bar mount mirrors. I am also looking to change my bar position but not at the expense of the fairing.

I have my eye on these but I am not sure which ones will fit just yet..

Tarozzi rearsets clip-ons pistons fork brace sprocket steering damper JL Exhaust Wossner Zeeltronic NHK Jim Lomas fork tube motorcycle ignition zeeltronic
    Last edited by Guest; 03-07-2011, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Good tip on the clip-ons i'd sooner spend 129 bucks than remove fairing and headliight headache.
      Guess I have to do some measuring.

Comment

Originally posted by barmstro View Post
        Good tip on the clip-ons i'd sooner spend 129 bucks than remove fairing and headliight headache.
        Guess I have to do some measuring.
        Would you mind letting me know what you come up with? I'd be very interested in seeing the results. Good luck.

I have seen one guy who mounted 7/8" swept bars. It looked awful, and not a lot more comfortable.

Comment

Working...
        X