'82/83 GS850G side cover amblems ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'82/83 GS850G side cover amblems ?

I have seen these amblems in two variants, with silver and with gold letters (the same as with the tank amblems) I assume one type would be US-spec and the other the spec for other markets? Or, was there a difference betwen '82 and '83?

Looking at the parts fiche for US bikes there seems to be only one part number available - 68131-45720. Has anyone ordered these and are they silver or gold letters?

I'm looking to get gold ones for my resto, to match the amblem lettering on the tank I have. You understand how un-cool it would be to have a mismatch between the two sets of amblems

Any help appreciated
    GS850GT

Just order up a pair of new ones. I think they all come in the newer-spec gold.

When we painted my wife's bike 5 years ago, we ordered new emblems for the tank and side covers, here is what we got:

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks Steve. Can anyone confirm this is also the case with G amblems (not GL)?
      GS850GT

Comment

Working...
      X