Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16 V 550 paint schemes

It seems Suzuki had a whimsical approach to paint design int he 80s

Do any of you have the fully faired version of this bike? If so can you put up some pics so I can see a complete and period authentic paint scheme.

So much wet sanding to do. Who would paint a bike purple?

If you've already been here, my apologies. I've found it much more rewarding using google when you use the gsx prefix . I am actually on my way out the door to check out a gsx550ee

Comment

Originally posted by bluewool View Post
      http://www.suzukicycles.org/GSX-seri...articles.shtml

If you've already been here, my apologies. I've found it much more rewarding using google when you use the gsx prefix . I am actually on my way out the door to check out a gsx550ee

Rude to ask but how much are you paying for this and where is the picture?

Comment

Hi,

From the suzukicycles.org article:

Others:

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
        Last edited by Guest; 03-15-2011, 07:33 PM.

Comment

shame the full fairing versions are hella rare..

actually looks pretty cool with the full front, otherwise you pretty much have to streetfighter it.

ive found a few of the side panels on ebay over the last year but nothing under $150 per side and its only ever 1 side ata time.and would have to take off the 4-1 and go back to stock 4-2 plus you need the bracket and half fairing from the es model so if i had an extra $1000 for rare plastic sure i could make mine look like that....

/ok jealous rant off

Comment

I have an '83 GS550ES in original condition, and although not the full fairing version (that was a later model) mine does have the larger front fairing. I've posted several pics at the following link.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
              Do any of you have the fully faired version of this bike? If so can you put up some pics so I can see a complete and period authentic paint scheme..
              Came across this sharp example last week...thought it looked like an 1150, at first glance.

Visit Kijiji Classifieds to buy, sell, or trade almost anything! New and used items, cars, real estate, jobs, services, vacation rentals, and more virtually anywhere in Canada.
              '82 GS1100E

Comment

Sweet paint links thanks guys.
                The red and black is very nice indeed. The striping looks hard to reproduce though.

Comment

Working...
                X