Here's my vision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my vision

So here is what my bike looks like now. I am going to be making her mine, over time. I am thinking of either drag bars or clubmans (I'm 6'2"). Also planning to lose the seat, tailpiece & plastic rear fender. I will probably make a pan for the seat by taping everything off, putting down some aluminum tape with bowling alley wax and laying fiberglass over it. I would like to keep the original hinges and lock for flip up access, helmet hanger and storage. This may be a little tough to get the recessed area for hinges just right and the lock sticks out a little far and may make what I am going for a little wide. What I want to finish with is a 1 piece chrome rear fender bobbed off about 6-9 inches beyond the end of a flat seat. I will probably trim the front fender to a smaller profile. There's obviously alot of other work that will be happening but you should get the general idea of what I want her to look like. Think Commando seat with shorter fenders. I would appreciate any input you guys have...

Picture no worky...

Comment

Comment

How to post pictures at GSR

HTH...
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

You should go over to Big D and have them give you some advice. You would hate to learn everything the hard way, and they have some experience in bobbers. ,BK

Comment

My bad. Guess the picture is too large. It shows up on my end.

Comment

Learning things the hard way?? Like resizing pictures so they show up on GSR??? Will it work this way?

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Originally posted by KINGCADE View Post
                Learning things the hard way?? Like resizing pictures so they show up on GSR??? Will it work this way?

http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n493/cade_menger/
                How about this way?
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Great thanks! I did that but thought the pic was going to be too large again. Appreciate the help.

Comment

Here is my 850G(for ideas). But it didnt look as good as yours when before I did it.

sigpic

82 GS850
                    78 GS1000
                    04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                    .................________-|___\____
                    ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Octain. That is a good looking bike. The exhaust is awesome! What is that! I will be going with a lot of black but I want the little chrome rear front and rear fender and a flatter more passenger friendly seat. Also, cant help but notice that master cylinder; what is that from?

Comment

Originally posted by oldbutslow View Post
                        You should go over to Big D and have them give you some advice. You would hate to learn everything the hard way, and they have some experience in bobbers. ,BK
                        I saw their website. They have done some nice bikes! Do you know them? Are they cool with free advice to a newbie like me?

Comment

Originally posted by KINGCADE View Post
                          Octain. That is a good looking bike. The exhaust is awesome! What is that! I will be going with a lot of black but I want the little chrome rear front and rear fender and a flatter more passenger friendly seat. Also, cant help but notice that master cylinder; what is that from?

It the factory MC, rebuilt of course.
                          sigpic

82 GS850
                          78 GS1000
                          04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                          .................________-|___\____
                          ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Working...
                          X