Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sidecover options

Evening all

I have question about sidecovers. I dont have any for my L and as far as I can tell they are less common on ebay etc than regular style covers. I know they are still available new but I am on a budget. I dont really care what the style of the covers I get are but how interchangable are they? Are the tab locations on the frame the same for Ls and the other models or do I have to get L style covers?

Thanks
    Tom

Hi,

The body work is fairly specific to the model. The "L" stuff doesn't interchange with "G" or "E" or much else. I'm sure the '80 and '81 750L sidecovers will interchange. But I don't know about other "L" models.

I have seen sidecovers made from different materials, plastic, diamond plate, etc, that didn't look bad at all.

Happy hunting.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I had a set for my 750 but 2 of the tabs were broken and wanted a different looks so I made a set from diamond plate...just used the tabs already on the bike to screw the covers on...I think if I remember right theirs a guy here that fabricated his own fiberglass sidecovers...do a forumn search maybe you can find it...

DDM

Comment

Thanks Guys

I will look into making some, I think.

Tom

Comment

Where are you finding new ones for sale? I looked for new covers for my L and didn't have any luck.

Comment

Hi,

You'll find this on my little website:

Sidecover Fabrication
            (by Mr. Matchless)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I have one that would fit your bike. It is the Left side cover. It is black with gold and red pinstriping. let me know if you are interested in it.
              I didnt do it I swear !!

--------------------------
              http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/...Picture003.jpg 1982 GS850G

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/...n1/Picture.jpg 1980 GS1100L

Comment

I found sidecovers for my 79 GS550L at cyclepartsnatioin.com. Reasonably priced. Think I paid $42 for them but after searching for so long I gave into the price.

Paul

Comment

side covers,,,,home made.....

hi if you are good with your hands you could make a nice set of alloy or stainless reasonably easy...,,,,, good luck ... regards oldgrumpy

Comment

Thanks all

I have never made anything in metal before so that would be an adventure. I wonder if I could make something out of Kydex. Need to have a look at the frame and figure out the mounting posssibilities.

Thanks again

Tom

Comment

Working...
                    X