Winter mods are done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter mods are done!

Clear coat is finished! Powder coating is finished! All I like now is painting the front fender.

Side shot. I still want to redo the front wheel to get rid of the big red edge on the rims, but it is riding season. Will do that later. Speedo setup is not bolted down yet, just sitting there.

Nice work. Its beautiful
    sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Other side...

Comment

wow. great looking ride. what's up with such high handle-bars just out of curiosity? Is that stock (ape-hangers (sp))?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstang View Post
          Clear coat is finished! Side shot.
          Front rim and fender a must.

I like the Gold head light bits and chain & sprocket. Nice balance. On the other side I might entertain having the kerker gold anodized .

Tell me more about the clear coat project. That looks fab-u-lus !!
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Stunning, is all I can say.
            I agree with the wheel, although I would not eliminate the red accent all together, just cut it down to a thin red pinstripe.

Yes, I am with Dave, how about giving us a nice write up on the prep and application of the paint, especially the clear coat.

Comment

The handle bars are stock, just on some aftermarket risers I had to use with the gsxr frontend. Very comfortable but sporty as well. Most all mods are in my other threads. I powdercoated bars, pegs, swingarms, all brake calipers and rotors, sidecovers, timing covers, and cam covers, wheels and the Kerker.

The factory paint was in good shape, just needed recleared. I use House of Kolor clear for all my paintjobs. If the factory paint has no rust or chips, you can wetsand with 500 or use a maroon scuff pad. Per HOK guidelines a maroon pad is good for scuffing existing clear. Wash with HOK KP20 wash, then I use Surgical Blue tack cloth to wipe down. It is compatible with urethane clears.

One light coat of clear, then if no fisheyes, two more medium coats allowing each to tack completely. HOK clears flow REAL well so tack is very important or you will get runs. But nothing lays like glass as good as HOK.

When I do the fender, I will do a step by step.
              Last edited by Guest; 05-01-2011, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Very nice. Did you swap out the front forks and swingarm? If so, what did you use? Thanks.

Comment

Forks are 08gsxr and so is rear wheel. Swingarm is stock, just slight mods to get the fat tire in!

Flyboy, I will add a thin red stripe to both wheels. I will be due a set of tires later this year so I will change it then.
                  Last edited by Guest; 05-01-2011, 02:50 PM.

Comment

It's tough to improve on the '83 1100E IMO,the mods compliment to original bike's classic styling.

You did a great job, now it's time to enjoy!!!
                    Last edited by Guest; 05-01-2011, 03:05 PM.

Comment

It looks real good, nice job!

Comment

Working...
                      X