New Mirror recomendations for GS850G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Mirror recomendations for GS850G

Hi guys... I'm not too fond of the stock, tall, round mirrors on my 1980 GS850G... Would love to see some examples and info on some cooler looking, and perhaps more functional options if you'd be willing to share.

Alternatively, if you could give me the text to seach on, I can also go search old threads... tried "Mirror", but WAY too may unrelated threads to wade through!

Thanks,

I bought these to replace the destroyed later model ones that I had on mine:

Daniel

Comment

I have one of these on my GS750. Do to the PO switching to a CBR master and clutch perch the stock mirrors were not possible, and he was running w/o a mirror(s). Um, not me. Went with one of these. Made in England, all stainless and yes, a bit spendy compared to cheap Chinese stuff. But is it nice...

Halcyon 820 stainless steel Stadium bar end mirror for classic motorcycles and scooters

Comment

Try "advanced search"

These are the only convex (cheap) mirrors I could find on ebay. I bought a couple of pairs and they are pretty decent for the money.

Convexed to DOT SAE E-MARK standard
        OEM grade ABS Shell and rust resistant stem

Last edited by posplayr; 05-01-2011, 05:12 PM.

Comment

New Mirrors

I put these on about a year ago. They are Napoleon Bar Ends. They do make the bike wide but the view to the rear is great. Also no blurs even at 80 to 90 MPH. The chrome are hard to find but the black is pretty easy to locate.

80 GS850GT " Are we having fun yet! "

Comment

Originally posted by Bill C. View Post
            I put these on about a year ago. They are Napoleon Bar Ends. They do make the bike wide but the view to the rear is great. Also no blurs even at 80 to 90 MPH. The chrome are hard to find but the black is pretty easy to locate.

I don't think the black ones are available in the US any more. I had to cancel an order after being on back order 3 months for a set.
            Last edited by posplayr; 05-02-2011, 12:07 PM.

Comment

My son has a set from Dennis Kirk (sorry no pic) that are chrome rectanglar that say suzuki on the bottom and some scrolling on the glass. Very reasonable price. terrylee

Comment

I use this Napolen bar end mirror.

Works good for me. I can actually see what's behind me instead of the stock mirrors where I only saw my shoulders...

Comment

Originally posted by Darin Jordan View Post
                  Hi guys... I'm not too fond of the stock, tall, round mirrors on my 1980 GS850G... Would love to see some examples and info on some cooler looking, and perhaps more functional options if you'd be willing to share.

Alternatively, if you could give me the text to seach on, I can also go search old threads... tried "Mirror", but WAY too may unrelated threads to wade through!

Thanks,
                  Look up Napoleon GP or GPX mirrors on Google.

Comment

I installed a set of rectangular mirrors that I found on E-Bay that look a lot better than the stock mirrors, but you guys are right, there isn't a lot of rear-view in them. They will work great for seeing the lanes on either side of me, however, which is how I prefer to set my side mirrors in my car.

I am going to see about installing a single, bar-end mirror on the left side to use strictly for seeing behind me, as a third mirror. I have one similar to this on my Mountain Bike, which I ride to work and back (30-miles a day) in the summer and which works out great in traffic. We'll see if it works out.

Comment

Got the mirrors installed yesterday. The addition of the bar-end mirror REALLY helps the rear-view, and should prove to be a nice thing to have. Two main mirrors are kind of iffy quality. We'll see how they hold up. If I like them, but they don't hold up, I'll at least know what style/size to get when looking for getter quality parts. Bar-end mirrors are NICE quality for the price, and fit very securely.

Can't go ride it yet because I'm still working on re-covering the seat, so will have to test this setup out later.

Comment

That is some serious rear view vision! I might even try it on one of mine.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                          That is some serious rear view vision! I might even try it on one of mine.

Daniel

I'm pretty into "situational awareness"!!

Comment

Oh, and depending on how the bar-end mirror works out, I may just install the other one as well, and remove the bar-top mirrors completely. Need to go ride around for a bit before I decide.

Comment

Working...
                            X