Turn signal help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn signal help

Hey guys. Did a little searching and I didnt come up with much..

Im wanting to replace the turn signals on my 750, I dont really care for the giant stalks and how far the stick out. Im looking to replace them with something a little smaller/sleeker but I still want them to be bright and noticeable.

My question is, when looking at new ones, do they need to be a certain bolt size/wiring? Or will only certain ones fit? Or can I just get any random turn signal?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Any recommendations?

Comment

I switched mine for my '83 GS750E for some modern LED signals. I just got the 2 wire kind and they bolted right in. I also bought an electronic flasher which swapped out with the stock one easily.

Went from this:

To this:

Comment

I'm curious about this myself, as I'm thinking about going with something along the lines of these.

I like how they have an amber led pointing out to the side. That should help increase visibility.

Comment

They look like they would work fine. You may need an electronic flasher but they are cheap, picked mine up for under 5 bucks.

Comment

The stalks are long because the turn signal lights are suppose to be 12" apart and amber... None of those are DOT approved for street use.. If you have bike inspections ?? They may fail you !!!

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Excellent point dancer!

@Patman, do you still have your stock signals? If you still have them and they work how much do you want for them?

Comment

I got basic black signals from K&S..$14 a pair...I wanted an old school look but not as big..no carbon fiber or led crap just the basic signal..check out dennis kirk or parts unlimited...

DDM

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
                  The stalks are long because the turn signal lights are suppose to be 12" apart and amber... None of those are DOT approved for street use.. If you have bike inspections ?? They may fail you !!!
                  Depends on the state, in Massachusetts red is legal to use for rear signals. Some cars even have red for blinkers so might be more states, but its definitely a usa thing.

Here are mine, its attached on the license plate mount to leave room for the bags.
                  Last edited by Guest; 05-05-2011, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X