gs billet sprocket cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs billet sprocket cover

Here is a sneak peak of the sprocket cover I am designing. thrashes, bashes, critiques and comments are welcome. It will fit gs750/1000/1100 80-83 16v engines, maybe more.
    It will come with a plate to hide the stator and starter wires as well and will have a shift shaft bearing. the front hole is going to be a pocket instead of a hole. That was a miscommunication with the CNC dude.
    I plan to make them in anodized black, blue, polish and raw for those who want to paint it.
    final pricing isn't in yet as it is not quite complete yet but will be in the $129.00 Canadian range. feel free to comment on the pricing as well if you think it is worth it or not.

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Thats cool...the open area gives it that custom look..shift shaft bearing is a good idea too..just a thought but what about an option to screen in the backside of it..anodize the front and screen the back in a different color..maybe not something you need to provide..but if their were attachment holes already drilled and tapped it would be an easy option for whoever bought one to add that...just an idea...thanks for sharing cool stuff!

DDM

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit Diesel Man View Post
      Thats cool...the open area gives it that custom look..shift shaft bearing is a good idea too..just a thought but what about an option to screen in the backside of it..anodize the front and screen the back in a different color..maybe not something you need to provide..but if their were attachment holes already drilled and tapped it would be an easy option for whoever bought one to add that...just an idea...thanks for sharing cool stuff!

DDM
      Very interesting....thanks for commenting. remember, the only open area is the lower hole. The front hole is supposed to be a pocket so will be solid.
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I like it... I want one. Only criticism is that I think you should bring it down to the front lower mounting hole to cover up some of the unattractiveness of all the stuff usually hide buy the stock cover. It would very time consuming and difficult to get that front lower area to look ascetically pleasing. Just my 2 cents, but really a great job.

Comment

May even look good all solid.

Comment

I like it.
            If you are going that far you should look into making a sprocket bearing support as well for the performance guys.
            You are half way there and would appeal to a larger market. Just my $.02.

Comment

Looks great, going to be real noisy.
              http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

this is my home "grown" sprocket cover. outrigger bearing with extended sprocket nut, (off set sprocket). brass boss to support gear shaft and small plate to cover starter cables etc

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I want to do something like this (either one) for the bearing support but how the heck do you support it from a spinning nut???????

Comment

Originally posted by gsryder View Post
                    I want to do something like this (either one) for the bearing support but how the heck do you support it from a spinning nut???????
                    get a nut made with an extended spigot to fit a suitable sized bearing
                    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

for the support kit you buy a sprocket with a nose on it. The bearing fits inside the sprocket nose. They are not needed for the street. IF you are air shifting with a car tire and no cush drive then maybe. Those three bolts don't offer much support either.
                      Here is my outrigger. the two bolt holes to the right are for the welded plate for the frame. Now, that's support.

Last edited by katman; 05-04-2011, 06:43 PM.
                      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

looking good, I would be interested in one when you start producing them.

cheers
                        Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
                        2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Originally posted by katman View Post
                          for the support kit you buy a sprocket with a nose on it. The bearing fits inside the sprocket nose. They are not needed for the street. IF you are air shifting with a car tire and no cush drive then maybe. Those three bolts don't offer much support either.
                          Here is my outrigger. the two bolt holes to the right are for the welded plate for the frame. Now, that's support.

Did you make this one? Are they available?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason the terminator View Post
                            Did you make this one? Are they available?
                            Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
                            2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

Thanks for the link. It's a little too costly for my taste.

Comment

Working...
                              X