Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone having problems, or had problems finding seat cover?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone having problems, or had problems finding seat cover?

So, my 1982 850GLZ seems to have an unique seat as I have found. But I have the original seat cover on mine. Torn and ratty leaves to replace it. So, I ordered the new seat cover from the nearest Suzuki shop. I get it 3 weeks later I take in my old seat cover and they look nothing alike. So, they ordered a different one to try it.

So my question is this, does anyone know the right seat cover code from saddleman seat covers company?

I am not sure which seat cover they offer is the right one. And that seems to be the company the local shop uses.

A quick search of the Saddlemen site shows that you are looking for Model S645.

There is no picture there, and it may appear just a bit different than stock, but it's pretty close.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

You could also try these guys. I have no idea of their quality, but it might be worth a shot.

Comment

Thanks Steve, I believe that is the second one the local shop ordered. and Dan, I went to that site, the only suzuki seats the do are newer ones lie the Boulevards.

Comment

Ok, I decided maybe this thread could help everyone.

If everyone who comes to this page could possibly post up the brand name and model number of seat cover and/or foam/seatcover kit, along with the bike type it may help anyone ordering a seat cover for their bike.

I will start:
          I got mine today and it is as follows;

'82 GS850GLZ: Model number S637 for http://www.saddlemen.com

Hope to see more posts from all of you.

Comment

I just ordered a custom seat cover for my 1980 GS850GT from this site:

They had some listings on E-Bay for both the 850G and GL. I called and talked to them and they said they do indeed have the patterns for both.

Ordered one in black, with red stitching, and red stitched flames on the back half of the seat. Hoping it looks good! Was $99.00 with shipping...

Comment

Working...
            X