Tarozzi Rearsets GS1100E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tarozzi Rearsets GS1100E?

I just got some Tarozzi rearsets for my 82 1100E but they do not come with instructions. I think I know where they mount which is in the rear bolt for the passenger peg/exhaust bracket. I am not sure though because I run out of threads before I take up most of the play. It seems they are to loose. Does anyone know which hole they mount in or could provide a picture?

Thanks,
    Jason

If you do not get the info here Jason i would contact these guys.
    They should be able to answer your questions.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Thanks. That is where I bought them from. Jim is a good guy I am sure he will take care of me. I will be giving him a call. I just was hoping someone had some pictures.

Comment

Just an update. I talked to Jim and he doesn't know how they mount on my bike and has no instructions to provide me with. He said that the exploded parts picture is all that is included. The Tarozzi website also only shows this and no installation instructions. I am 90% sure where they mount but just wanted to be sure. If anyone knows let me know.

Jason

Comment

Not sure if this will help because these are mounted on my '79 S model, but I can't help but think they must mount to your frame as they did in mine, in the stock foot peg mount holes. Mine bolted right on, no muss no fuss, and work beautifully.

1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Man... Those rearsets are very nice! I will looking into a set in the future.

Comment

Mine came with a bracket designed for my model. They mounted to the original rider peg holes, and went on in about 10 minutes. See my albums for more photos.

Comment

Those are nice !
                I looked on the web site but didn't see any for the 81 1100E, would the model for a 81 750 work I wonder ?
                Wich ones did you order ?

Comment

I bought part no 03-0028, which has the brackets for the 550. Tarozzi has sets to fit several "GSX1100" models. Not sure if that's you.

If you can't get a Tarozzi bracket, you can fab one up and use the Tarozzi "universal" sets, which cost about $200, but don't have mounting brackets or linkage for the shifter and brakes.
                  Last edited by Guest; 06-28-2011, 01:41 PM.

Comment

I bashed together my own set using a 89 GS500E kit.
                    I got an killer deal on 2 sets so it was worth the time to make the parts I needed.

Made my own brackets and used a GS550 shift arm. The 2nd set is going on my 78.

Big pic so I'll just post a link.

Comment

Those are very sexy. It'll be a long time before I am in a position to worry about stuff like that (long ways to go to catch up much need maintenance) but I wonder just how much it affects the feel. Anyone have input? I'd love to hear about it since I'm set on the look, but it has to feel good too.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures guys. Mine didn't come with brackets to go in the factory footpeg holes. I will post pictures when I get them on.

Comment

I want these so bad.....$$$!

Comment

Working...
                          X